The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old May 6, 2005, 02:23 PM   #1
AttackMusician

Suicide Attempt with .22

A friend of mine showed me this article about a guy who shot himself 5 times (3 in the head, 2 in the chest) and lived through it. My first reaction was to say that he must have used a .22 cause anything bigger would have made him a stain on the wall.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...1?OpenDocument

I figured I'd pass this along to the rest of you.
Old May 6, 2005, 02:38 PM   #2
jtkwon

I read an account of a man who was shot with 38 Special +P rounds several times in the torso and once in the brain and he didn't stop fighting - he was finally put on the ground by a hit to the pelvis, where he bled to death from all of the wounds.

But even a head shot with a 38 Special +P is no guarantee that someone will check out immediately.
Old May 6, 2005, 02:46 PM   #3
Lone Star

The late Col. Charles Askins cited the case of a US soldier shot point-blank through the head by an SS man finishing off American prisoners at Malmedy. He used a P-38, and the bullet, fired from a range of inches, skidded around inside the man's skull, coming out the back of his scalp. He passed for dead, but lived to tell his story to US investigators. The bullet must have struck the skull's curvature at a freak angle.

Remarkable things happen, but they are REMARKABLE, not routine.

Lone Star
Old May 6, 2005, 02:58 PM   #4
Ozzieman

About 10 years ago had a like tail

Man robed a liquor store at gun point, when he left the building the owner followed him out the door and empted a High power 9mm into him. EMTED.
The man ran 4 blocks running before he fell down and died. A police officer that was a friend of mine was there, said he died at the store but had so much drugs in him, he diddnt know he was already dead.
Old May 6, 2005, 03:50 PM   #5
Mal H
Staff

This is a duplicate of the following thread: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=169781

Just as that one was closed since it had little if anything to do with responsible gun ownership, I think this needs to be closed as well.
Closed Thread