The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 4, 2005, 05:51 PM   #26
Edward429451

Quote:
yeah well, i dont think my god is in the business of bribing me to worship him.
Ya got the wrong mindset dude, they're called blessings where I come from.
Old May 4, 2005, 06:16 PM   #27
spacemanspiff

rain from heaven is a blessing.
sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. wait, i mean, its a blessing.
making it home without extra holes in my body is a blessing.

the more i think of it, i truly believe that my affinity for solitude is the greatest gift god has ever given to me.

i go home from work, and have absolutely no responsibilities whatsoever. ahhh life is good!
Old May 8, 2005, 04:42 PM   #28
Ben Shepherd

Light yellow.

NRA certified rifle, pistol and shotgun instructor.
Hunter education instructor
Old May 9, 2005, 02:58 AM   #29
tINY

Barring armed assailants coming through the door, I don't figure I'd need to draw my pistol in such a crowded place....

To and from the service is where I'm likely to need it.

If you hug a bunch of folk at church, small-of-the-back carry is usually best.

-tINY

Old May 10, 2005, 11:48 AM   #30
PressCheck

I live my life in "yellow".
Old May 10, 2005, 03:24 PM   #31
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Condition?

In CHURCH!?

Would have to be "unconscious", or I wouldn't be there!
Old May 14, 2005, 07:01 PM   #32
PythonGuy

Usually on my knees with my hands folded in prayer, isn't everyone?
Old May 14, 2005, 07:12 PM   #33
FrankDrebin

Quote:
What condition are you in in church?
Usually sanctified....and since Church is usually on Sunday, hung over.....
Old May 14, 2005, 11:10 PM   #34
Indy_SIG

My condition at church? Usually bored to tears and wishing I were at home instead. I doubt that's what you were looking for, though.....
Old May 14, 2005, 11:32 PM   #35
pamick

Indy_SIG , so why bother going?
Old May 15, 2005, 04:26 AM   #36
futureforcewarrior22

Red, most of the time red.

Of course, I guess you really couldn't truly call it a church. It was more of a big tent, in the Sandbox. Mass with the chaplain, walk in, take off your K-pot, sit down, set your rifle down next to you, and listen to the sermon and all that good stuff, get up and go back about your business of trying not to get taken out by some whacked-out suicide bomber.

Open carry. I mean, we weren't locked and loaded but we had full mags and were ready to go should the sh*t hit, as if there wasn't enough of that going on around.

I have a picture of a us during a sermon, it's laying around here somewhere, I'll post it when I find it. I need get get my room squared away, hell, I need to get my house squared away.

Semper Fi and God Bless.
Old May 15, 2005, 10:30 AM   #37
CajunBass

Carry in Church

I go to church for one reason. To give praise and worship to my savior and my Lord Jesus Christ. I have considered the very slim chance that some BG, or ever a terrorist could do something; I mean what better target for a Mulsem terrorist than a Christian Church? (Ok, a Jewish Synagogue) However after thinking about it I decided that it is in God's hands, and I'd leave that up to Him. I have faith that He will see me through it, and if that is not in his plan, I pray that He will give me the courage, and the grace to forgive those who would harm me and those around me. (Acts 7:54-60)
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old May 15, 2005, 11:46 AM   #38
jburtonpdx

Quote:
I go to church for one reason. To give praise and worship to my savior and my Lord Jesus Christ. I have considered the very slim chance that some BG, or ever a terrorist could do something; I mean what better target for a Mulsem terrorist than a Christian Church? (Ok, a Jewish Synagogue) However after thinking about it I decided that it is in God's hands, and I'd leave that up to Him. I have faith that He will see me through it, and if that is not in his plan, I pray that He will give me the courage, and the grace to forgive those who would harm me and those around me. (Acts 7:54-60)
So does this only apply when at church?
Old May 15, 2005, 12:57 PM   #39
CajunBass

Why?

It doesn't only apply in church. I guess it means that I accept the fact that the mathmatical odds of something likke that happening while I'm in church, are so low, that I figure if it happens, then it is truly meant to be. If if felt my church was in actual, real, physical danger, I would rethink that position.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old May 15, 2005, 05:33 PM   #40
jburtonpdx

Cajun
Ok, I understand your point. The way I had it put to me once though, was "If I knew I was going to need it I would probably just choose to stay home that day..."

My point is that bad guys/luck/things happening dont care about the odds, rules, or what you believe in.

I respect your choice to not carry at church and dont mean to push that point. In fact I actually do understand what you mean. A church/temple/house of worship should be a place you can feel safe and taken care so you can focus on your worship (at least that is the way I feel about it). I do not attend a church but if I did I would probably not carry, and am not sure I could define why, other then I just dont think I would need to...
Old May 15, 2005, 08:14 PM   #41
spacemanspiff

Quote:
guess it means that I accept the fact that the mathmatical odds of something likke that happening while I'm in church, are so low, that I figure if it happens, then it is truly meant to be
blasphemy! he has blasphemed! how dare you bring up something logical such as mathematics in a thread discussing concepts so far removed from logic such as faith!

now dont you all get overexcited, the above remark was made in jest.
Old May 19, 2005, 05:13 PM   #42
6shooter

Quote:
blasphemy! he has blasphemed! how dare you bring up something logical such as mathematics in a thread discussing concepts so far removed from logic such as faith!
Faith is the most logical thing in human nature. It's paradoxical that you use faith in math as logical and faith in God as not logical. People used to think the world was flat. It has been proven not to be. I wonder if we'll ever discover 2+2 can equal 5? That seems illogical now but ya never know.
I don't understand what the big deal is about carrying a gun in the worship service and did I read someone say I think in Alabama it's illegal to carry a gun in church? I wonder why?
Old May 20, 2005, 03:40 AM   #43
malachi

This thread is really weirding me out. Bye.
Old May 20, 2005, 06:20 AM   #44
Mannlicher

Probably asleep if I went at all.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old May 20, 2005, 01:16 PM   #45
ngray

first post here!

First off, take it easy on those checking out the chicks at church! They might marry one of them someday! I did anyway

I would say I'm pretty much entirely unattentive during worship, and deliberately so. As far as the message, in general I hear the first 15 minutes, and them my mind invariably wanders off to la-la land. Yes, I'm the one staring blankly at you while you're pouring your heart and soul to me. Sorry, can't help it. Use my name when you yell or something.

I'll be carrying in a few months, once class and papers go through, but I entirely intend to carry everywhere legal. Frankly, most of the crazies I've ever met have been at the church. Not a knock on churchgoers, just drifters and weirdos. Being a Christian fairly well mandates that I'll befriend them at my own risk anyway. It's worth it.
Old May 21, 2005, 02:01 AM   #46
r.w. schrack

gottcha

man i hope the devil don't show up you guys will blast him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 21, 2005, 02:35 AM   #47
Garand Illusion

Quote:
man i hope the devil don't show up you guys will blast him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the devil does show up, it's 2 to the scaly midsection and one right between the horns. I'd suggest FMJ in case he's wearing a brimstone vest.

When in church I do my best to concentrate on the message, but the mind wanders. That doesn't mean I'm not a believer ... just means like all people I can't concentrate all the time. Used to happen in college, too -- but that didn't mean I didn't believe education was good or even that the class wasn't important to my future.

I'm always unarmed at church and pretty green. If there were signs of problems I wouldn't have any problem doing otherwise (there was actually a murder/suicide at my last church many years ago, though no one but the wife with a CCW could have done anything) but until there are ... well, can't be cocked and locked all the time.
Old May 26, 2005, 11:54 PM   #48
thumperfbc

I'm a full time employee of my church... I'm on of the tech geeks... specifically the one who sits in front of the 8 foot soundboard and runs it.

You know who one of the top 3 people i go to for advice on firearms? The senor pastor. He's a BIG gun advocate. Huge.

One time he was hunting and bagged himself a bear, however, he couldnt get it to the taxidermy dude in time so he brought it back down the mountain and put it in our walk in freezer.

Imagine the surprise of the little ole lady who walked in there the next day trying to get at the ice cream or something... True story. There are pictures somewhere...
Old May 27, 2005, 12:48 PM   #49
Superhornet

Many things are in Gods hands. "The Lord helps those who help themselfs"...along with my M85CH, right front pocket from the rear pew against the wall, full view of all coming and all going.......condition 1 at all times........
Old May 27, 2005, 02:54 PM   #50
bclark1

i'm condition red in church. at least i know i'll make it some place hot, some day. :P