The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 11, 2005, 11:46 PM   #1
JMag

Gunshow find: 870 Wingmaster Magnum Lightweight 20g.

I picked up a very nice and barely used 870 Wingmaster Magnum Lightweight 20g. w/28" barrel and screw-in chokes (only had the one with the deal) at the show this past weekend...out the door for a tad under $350.

What a nice-looking pump gun she is. Nice checkered wood and the blueing looks very nice. I haven't taken my son out (it is MOSTLY for him) to shoot it yet. I got it from a seller I've bought from before.

No pics yet. But, how'd I do?
Old April 12, 2005, 12:56 AM   #2
Death from Afar

I am very very biast towards the 870, and it sounds like you got a good price. I would love to know how the 20 gauge handles!
Old April 12, 2005, 02:14 AM   #3
BillCA

Sounds like a fair deal so far. Shooting it is the real test.

I picked up a 20ga 870 in the last 2 weeks, used. It looks like a youth model that someone put a full length stock onto it, swapped the barrel out for a 20" with a screw-in choke. Matte black metalwork with synthetic stocks. Nice handling HD shotgun. Haven't had time to fire it yet.

Yours has wood stocks which means it will look nicer than my "utilitarian" model. The 28" will be pretty nice for busting clays or taking 'em on the wing. I hope your son appreciates it!