The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 30, 2005, 11:42 PM   #1
ww2remington

cz-75b .40 cal. question:

Hello,
I am an avid 1911 fan (since owning my dad's remington-rand m1911a1) but yet somehow i manage to focus attention on cz's. I own a cz-75b in .40 s&w.(got it 2nd hand, at a very reasonable price).I have fired almost 1k rounds with o malfunctions. In the future i am planning to clean the firing pin, so i have a questions for the cz owners out there who own a cz-75b in 40 on how to remove the firing pin. In old 1911's its very easy to remove the firing pin to clean it, but how about this cz? i really appreciate any inputs.
Old March 31, 2005, 01:44 AM   #2
DT Guy

On "B" model CZs the firing pin is no longer retained by a sliding plate, like a 1911, but by a roll pin. This roll pin is visible from either side. It has to be driven out to remove the firing pin.

Watch out for the FP safety parts-little and easily lost.

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos
Old March 31, 2005, 07:21 AM   #3
N.H. Yankee

I rarely remove a firing pin only for inspection if I am having a problem as I read my primers if I think I have a problem, just too many small parts that can go to parts unknown. I use spray bore cleaner ( with safety glasses and gloves) and then clean it out with brake clean. Saying this you shouldnt do this to a polymer gun from what I have read, but being an alloy gun you should be OK. The safe way is your way as there may be some finishes out there on guns that may tarnish though I havent had any yet. I read where some of the well known competitors dont do a tear down cleaning even after 5K rounds! I sure wouldnt do that for a carry gun though.
Old March 31, 2005, 02:06 PM   #4
ww2remington

thanks for the input guys. i really appreciate it.