The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 21, 2005, 10:53 PM   #51
The Hood

FrankDrebin
The Hood~Robbyhood comes from being the 2000 Archery World Champion (Too Cool) Yes

My info come from the real papers..........I even have the police reports....Still havn't found the meth he was said to have.....14 22cal & 410's..he had a bunch of junk guns and the one they came for was hand delived for murdering.

Yeap, I be the Hood, in the archery world................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-275S.JPG (25.9 KB, 60 views)
Old March 21, 2005, 10:57 PM   #52
The Hood

and look what I just got from Brett's sister inlaw>>>

Hey, Hood...Where'd you go?

Theron talked to Joe Glenwood this morning and found out that one of the
people on the grand jury is the wife of one of the LEO's who was in on the raid
at Brett's...If that's not bad enough, another one is a jailer for Pott.
County...Talk about a tainted jury!

E-mail me, dude, or call...We need some feed-back here!
Old March 21, 2005, 11:04 PM   #53
Hogleg

The Body Bagger

Did I say the meth dealer was innocent? I said I was taking no side, but if it went down like she said, the man should not have been shot. I don't know what happend, and neither do you. As I said, I respect law enforcement very much, I have close family in the field.

Who said anything about rape or mugging? Just because I can count on my local law enforcement to protect my family does not mean they can kill any one thats broken a law.

If the guy had a weapon, shoot him. Swat members should be trained to make snap decisions. I'm sure no one will ever know what really happend.
Old March 21, 2005, 11:09 PM   #54
The Hood

Well, the kill shot was in the face......and then for 30 minutes not a soul helped him while he laid on the floor in front of the door where everyone of them 16 cops had to walk over him.

they ain't talking...........
Old March 21, 2005, 11:22 PM   #55
Walter

Quote:
I'm sure no one will ever know what really happend.
I disagree with that. The people who were there know what happened.
Whether or not they ever tell the whole story is another matter.
Then again, there are TWO sides to every story, and I would want to hear
both.
I hope the law enforcement agency in question doesn't just try to
stonewall this and hope it goes away. It won't go away, and it just makes
them appear more guilty than they may be. And from what I've seen, the
"appearance of guilt" goes a long way in a civil suit.

Walter
Old March 21, 2005, 11:40 PM   #56
artsmom

/*would you mind telling us where your information comes from concerning this incident. */

You are unintentionally arguing our point without realizing it. The fact that we have no concrete information about what went on is what we are up in arms against. When someone dies a violent death at the hands of the police, there needs to be an accounting of how and why it happened, same as if you or I were involved. This is even more important if there is a plausible scenario (like the stolen cop gun) that the police acted outside the public good and instead were driven by revenge.

This guy was acquitted by the grand jury, but it was a grand jury that the county attorney even resented calling, and no one has heard a peep about what was said by who, how they decided the SWAT guy was exonerated, and every other major question left unanswered. Heck, I would let the SWAT guy off if he said, "Heck, I choked and shot at the first thing that moved, I was so scared."

The only excuse I won't accept is no excuse at all, and the fact that a cop on the other side of Iowa is going to stand trial for voluntary manslaughter under the almost exact same circumstances, (His maybe even more excusable) REALLY casts this whole thing in a bad light.

Here, some of you are arguing against me and haven't even read an account:

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pb...0327/1001/NEWS
Old March 22, 2005, 12:22 AM   #57
artsmom

Some more required reading:

http://www.omaha.com/toolbox/story_p...p?u_id=1362321
Old March 22, 2005, 01:45 AM   #58
Joint/Strike

I like to think that most LEO's are very good upstanding citizens. I know some arent.

I believe almost nothing I hear or read from news sources.

I would be thrilled if LEO's broke in and killed every meth manufacturer in the country!
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own dwelling, his goods are safe." -[B]Luke 11:21
Old March 22, 2005, 06:15 AM   #59
TheeBadOne

Hmmm.......

The Hood

Old March 22, 2005, 06:47 AM   #60
FrankDrebin

Why don't you guys post some of the reports in PDF format??

Quote:
"They went in there to kill. They never allowed him once a chance to surrender," Pace-Hadden said. "He wasn't shot once. He was shot twice," first in the stomach area breaking several ribs, then near his heart.
I thought he was shot in the face?
Old March 22, 2005, 08:29 AM   #61
Bo Hunter

12-34hom,
Since he showed up, I'm done here. I don't have at my disposal, all of the articles. Like I said, I was only trying to relay, as accurately as possible, what I read in some of the newspaper articles the Hood left links to, that offered another view on the situation.

BTW, just so you know, I'm currently in the process of becoming an LEO, so I really have nothing against them in general. I think, given the broad overview of the situation - lifelong drug dealer, posession of firearms by a felon, history of violence, etc. etc. The case seems pretty cut and dried..... I also can't say how I would have acted in the situation had I been a raiding officer..... That has to be THE worst aspect of the job, and I'm sure the biggest thing on every officers mind is getting home safely....

One thing I asked about, that never came up, since I didn't believe he was unarmed either, was, "was there a gun in the kitchen doorway?" Was he holding anything? Did he have his hands up? Was he in a defensive or offensive stance? What was the infamous "Explative?" Was it "What the hell is going on?" or perhaps it was "Die you @$%@#% PIGS!". That in itself could resolve any debate....

Hopefully the Hood will present you with some factual data to back up what he's said in the past. I will warn you however, he does have a tendancy to go off on meaningless tangents from time to time....

The guy who made the joke about his wife...that was funny, I don't care who ya' are....

Frank,
I understand what you mean now about deadly force.....

Bo
Old March 22, 2005, 08:32 AM   #62
Bo Hunter

Quote:
Hmmm.......
The Hood

TheBadOne,
Yes, they are his only 4 posts. He doesn't visit this sight. He brought this information up on an archery forum I visited, so I informed him about this thread. I knew he would join up and talk about it, because the person that was killed was a lifelong friend of his.

He may seem it at times, but he is not a troll....

Bo
Old March 22, 2005, 10:23 AM   #63
12-34hom

What a bunch of horse hockey, The [supposed] picture that is posted, refutes the claim of Mr.Pace was shot in the mouth - also claimed as a contact wound. That photo [from whatever source] shows two wounds to the upper chest area.

Mr. Hood says he has police reports, lets see them.

Tainted jury, prove it. easy to say and accuse on the INTERNET, difficult in the real word.

Just more sympathetic drivel for a person who could not live within societies rules and norms. Wanted to take the easy route and make a "living" off others. Got news for ya Mr. Hood, people are sick of it, and of folks like Mr. Peters who are a blight and need to be exposed and taken care of through our legal system.

The newspaper article posted from the Des Moines Register Stated, 17 people were interviewed over a two day period, with grand jury members taking @ 1 hour to reach a decision. Must have been cut and dried... And now the inevitable wrongful death suit is going to be filed, so that surviving loving family members can benefit off thier "loved ones" demise.... :barf:

12-34hom.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life. I must master itas i master my life.Without me my rifle is useless, without my rifle i am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I Will. Before God i swear this creed. My rifle and myself are defenders of my country. We are masters of our enemy. We are saviours of my life. So be it until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
Old March 22, 2005, 10:57 AM   #64
Unique 5.7

"Really, the only tragedy here is that the .223 rounds didn't overpenetrate and take this woman out accidently." - ATW 525

A sentiment worthy of any person who places little value on human life.
Old March 22, 2005, 11:05 AM   #65
artsmom

12-34 hom, what part of the grand jury testimony swayed you to believe the cop acted within the law? Who were the guys called on his behalf? What was the line of questioning pursued? What have you read or heard that has satisfied you that it was all on the up an up? I'll tell you what you have heard, because it is the same as the rest of us: Zilch.

All I want is the truth, or whatever they have that comes close to it. The fact that no one can give it any quicker or easier than they have makes me wonder how much practice they have had with it.

Sorry, if this seems harsh, but my sons will tell you if I have to ask more than twice "What's going on here!?", well, I don't ask more than twice. And police can live by the same strict standards that my eight year old does.
Old March 22, 2005, 11:41 AM   #66
haskell

A newspaper account?

The horse is dead. I found your CB in the conversion van, at the flea market.
Old March 22, 2005, 12:13 PM   #67
12-34hom

Artsmom, a grand jury was convened and it made its findings with respect to what 17 witnesses testified to over a two day period. [Grand juries are seldom used here in Iowa, and their proceedings are sealed after their findings are published.] What does it tell you concerning their findings, that seven people had only to deliberate one hour before coming back with a "no bill".

That would indicate to me that the facts and the supposition, that use of deadly force was justified in this particular case. Tell your sons that in this case the people have spoken.

Also pointing out that the lifestyle this individual led, directly resulted in his demise. Not only affecting him but many others as well, his children, family members etc... People of Mr. Paces ilk are concerned with nothing more than their own gratification at the expense of others. Now that he is dead, are we supposed to feel compassion for an individual who had none while he was living?

People like Mr. Pace fail at taking responsibility for their actions, thinking the world owes them something. After 25 years of criminal activity it caught up with him, so don't **** on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Nuff said.

12-34hom.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life. I must master itas i master my life.Without me my rifle is useless, without my rifle i am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I Will. Before God i swear this creed. My rifle and myself are defenders of my country. We are masters of our enemy. We are saviours of my life. So be it until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
Old March 22, 2005, 12:26 PM   #68
The Hood

I was informed you people was talking about this case, I've talked with all the iowa congressman and senators. I tried to show the facts to them and they wont look.

Quote:
fact that a cop on the other side of Iowa is going to stand trial for voluntary manslaughter
That cop was with the swat team Dec 17. Not on the other side of the state, but in the house they raided and wanted to shot the guy. How do I know that..
But it this way,
A lone farm house at 5:30am, someone is making all kinds of racket in your yard, The wife yells out the window "who's out there" and no one answers, Then the door gets kicked in.....Most people would be packing a gun to see what the ***** or who is breaking in........Good thing for Pat that he left that pistol laying in the bedroom.

This cops are out of control and have taken control...

how about 5 police reports that forgot to mention the withness that they had for 7 hours with them????? I got them paper too............

I know the facts, because I have investigated the case and throw 70 paper across the table to the County attorney and the Sheriff.

Hood
Old March 22, 2005, 12:31 PM   #69
Wraith

12-34hom, sounds like you knew him so well. Aside from the meth lab, he owned and ran Pace Power Wash and worked as a mechanic.

So he made some poor choices. I didn't know liking drugs made you expendable. :barf:

I am not agruing with the verdict. While I suspect that something more is here than we are let to know, I express disgust with some of the opinions on this forum. Just because Fullmer had "SWAT" on his resume doesn't make him above the law.

It is our duty as citizens to keep our government in check.

Never Forget 9/11.

Cold dead hands...
Old March 22, 2005, 12:44 PM   #70
ATW525

Quote:
"Really, the only tragedy here is that the .223 rounds didn't overpenetrate and take this woman out accidently." - ATW 525

A sentiment worthy of any person who places little value on human life.
There are many people I would shed a tear for, this is most certainly not one of them. Sorry if you don't agree.
Old March 22, 2005, 12:44 PM   #71
The Hood

Fullmer was buying drugs off Brett in 96, think about that...
Old March 22, 2005, 12:44 PM   #72
nagantfan

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Just my humble opinion, uninformed as most here appear to be.

IF the shooting went down the way the lady said it did, it was WRONG. Period. Whether the decedent was drug dealer, child molester or (with apologies to Woody Gurthrie) a father-raper. IF it happened the way she said, the guy who fired the shots should be fired and prosecuted. Some others ought to be fired and prosecuted for complicity in a murder as well.

However, I really have my doubts that happened just like she said. Law enforcement in this country just doesn't murder people that way very often. They are trained not to, pay a huge price when they mess up, are under constant scrutiny, have absolutely NO incentive to murder people, and, I think, do NOT become officers to kill people, not even bad people. Murdering someone, even a scumbag, is waaay too much trouble to do on purpose. If accidental, covering it up is still way too much trouble to attempt intentionally.

Just do a search on TFL about people who have shot people justifiably. They pay a colossal price, time-wise, money-wise, anxiety-wise, etc., even when they end up being vindicated.

If she isn't telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, SHE needs some serious perjury prosecuting.

It'll come out in the wash.....
Old March 22, 2005, 12:46 PM   #73
The Hood

THERE WAS NO METH FOUND!

I have the inventory papers
Old March 22, 2005, 12:51 PM   #74
The Hood

Ok, I know it was murder, No need for me to debate that.

What I need is help in getting Justice.

Can you people offer any advice for me?
Old March 22, 2005, 01:02 PM   #75
The Hood

Quote:
IF the shooting went down the way the lady said it did,
He was shot point blank in the face with the bullet coming out at his waist, He was down and shot again. What more could be wrong with that.

A set up~ 2 flash bombs outside the bedroom window before they enter. Them were for a pistol in hand...That didn't happen....

Hands in the air, no pants on and blasted, not once but twice with a Rilfe that burned his face, it was so close..

and the cop walks...............................................