The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 14, 2005, 08:26 PM   #1
handwerk

tikka t3 owners

Just wondering now that they have been out a while what does everybody think of this gun? I have bought 3, a ss/syn 7mm-08, a hunter in 270 and a 7mm-mag also in ss/syn. I know about the blow-ups, mine were not affected. I think these are great guns just interested to see if anybody's had any problems?
Old February 15, 2005, 12:09 PM   #2
patent

Like mine alot. I have a .308, very accurate out of the box. Only "modification" I made to it was that I felt the stock was rubbing the barrell at one point so I took a little off the stock to make sure the barrell was freefloated.

I also haven't found a 180 grain load for it yet. Unfortunately I don't handload, so I'm going to try a few different factory loadings this year and see what happens.

patent
Old February 15, 2005, 09:11 PM   #3
spalit

My Tikka T3 (stainless laminate, non-blowing up kind) has been just awesome. I'm still tinkering with handloads, but the rifle shoots and handles like a dream. The action feels like slicing butter with a hot knife. My best group so far has been .85 moa. Mostly, I can keep factory ammo to 1.25 moa without trying too hard.
Old February 15, 2005, 09:26 PM   #4
PsychoSword

Quote:
I have bought 3, a ss/syn 7mm-08, a hunter in 270 and a 7mm-mag also in ss/syn. I know about the blow-ups, mine were not affected.
The .243 that I saw blow up wasn't on the recall list.
Old February 15, 2005, 09:44 PM   #5
TargetShooter2

rifle

PsychoSword

tell me more about the KABOOM ,,
Sako or Tikka
date /time / ser# of rifle , ammo , how many rounds through the rifle went it went boom .was you there when it took place , did you know the person ???

TS2
Old February 19, 2005, 12:38 PM   #6
TargetShooter2

Tikka

PsychoSword ????
Old February 21, 2005, 06:42 PM   #7
kittyhawk

I would like more info on the tikka's that blow up, I have been looking very hard at getting a new 7mm t3 ss, also I just got a older sako this weekend a 75 in 7mm.
Dave
Old February 21, 2005, 07:31 PM   #8
Rustic

I like my 308 lite stainless. Good trigger, slick action, mounts included, easy to carry, very accurate.

Mine was made before the bad barrels were delivered. I don't think they're about to take any more chances with steel. Scandinavians take their steel seriously (the Oberndorf m-96s made in Germany for Sweden were required to utilize Swedish steel).

Well built and designed gun, IME.
Old February 21, 2005, 07:45 PM   #9
Selfdfenz

I too would like to know how one avoids a kaboomer.

I have been considering a T3 vs a Wal-Mart Howa Legacy in 6.5x55.
As you can guess their aren't many choices in that caliber ,Tikka being one with claims to good accuaracy.

The Howa is a bunch cheaper but I don't know about the accuracy issue there and don't want to tinker with the thing.

S-
Old February 27, 2005, 04:58 PM   #10
whiskey

It was on the stainless guns
Old July 5, 2007, 01:19 PM   #11
mesanna

The blow ups upper be old awe full. The one blowing the one up the thems together gathered up and blown blown harder. No still. No calm. No one called or calling. The ups blown but blew by blow and blow up upper and up not right but upper still and still upper up are by all counts counter counted plain in mesh death mess mish and mash together separated and shelved one lite life to one detracted from one life live and lived in the living debt detrimental increment all countered up as added this to this column anger and that to this column hate red and this column ignore and antsy all counted down the risen umber numbers released and eased in and to the debt. Paid you would think by now but guessed not. Paid above and over over one like you or I especially I would think by now but guess not. A knotted up no. A slim sided never said no sliver lives lived. Shove lived lives thither hither skeleton and broken red rendered and affected trauma. Debt rim meant. Of all. I said so could not be sewn up. Not the way the blown were blown apart. Not from the start or end.
Old July 5, 2007, 01:40 PM   #12
nosualc

wha?

mesanna: Did I just have an aneurysm?
Old July 5, 2007, 07:39 PM   #13
BUSTER51

put the pipe down and step away from the keyboard.