The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 14, 1998, 09:15 AM   #1
[email protected]
Wise Guy

Sorry if this isn't strictly on topic here, but since Harry is the moderator.... I couldn't resist.

Harry, I used to watch SOF Inc., last season. It was readily apparent that the actors on the show had good training and technical direction, just like on your other projects.

Why on earth aren't they using it now?

For that matter, how long did it take you to teach them to handle their weapons properly?

Just curious.

Spark
Old October 14, 1998, 10:03 AM   #2
Kodiac

Hey, yeah... SOF, Inc was a cool show - I only caught one episode, the first one... and I was impressed with certain aspects of it. Who was the guy that demonstrated "Smooth is Fast..." ? Was that your work Harry?
Old October 17, 1998, 02:19 PM   #3
Harry Humphries
Staff Alumnus

Hi guys,

I am sorry to say that I don't have the "hands on" that I had last year, but I support the show any way I can with script consulting and the like.

"smooth is fast" should look familier to you Jeff Cooper trained types out there. I was helping with directing most tech. stuff at the time Tim Able, the actor, played that role. Tim was an excellent student and is a fine Pistolero in his own right.
Old October 23, 1998, 11:34 AM   #4
Mute

First season of SOF was great, but what the #&$^&*#$ happened to this season??!! And what is the deal with using Dennis Rodman???? I wish he'd go back to basketball, not that he's all that great there either.