The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 8, 2005, 11:37 PM   #1
Rojoe67

Taurus Millinium Pro - 9mm

I have 500 mixed diet through this Taurus and have found it a real good one so far. It is young and time will tell. So far I like it's very light (under 20 oz) weight. It breaks down quick for cleaning. 9mm is fun to shoot and seems cheep enough for this non reloading guy. I bought it new at a big firearms store for 329.oo and tax...... I think I got a good one? what you think?
Old January 9, 2005, 02:00 AM   #2
Smawgunner

I have the Millenium 9mm...not the pro. Love the gun. HATE the damn trigger. Sucks big time. Other than that...it's great all around.
Old January 9, 2005, 09:12 AM   #3
Rojoe67

Smawgunner........ your right about the trig....

I hear you on that darn trigger......... took some getting used to it....... wonder what we could do to get it working a little better?
Old January 9, 2005, 02:35 PM   #4
MillCreek

I just bought one about three weeks ago, after comparison shopping between the Pro, a XD-subcompact and a Kahr PM-9. I have put about 325 rounds through it so far without any FTF or FTE. So far, so good. It will be one of my primary carry guns, and will join the 16 or so other handguns in the safe.
Old January 9, 2005, 06:01 PM   #5
Bullrock

I have a Millenium Pro-9 and it's a nice pistol. (I also own a PT-92) I find no fault with the trigger pull, in fact the first time I fired my MP9 was right after firing my Glock 26. The trigger on the MP9 was very similar. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the Glock, but not by much.

My MP9 is staying, my G26 is going. Reason! I've had it with the little slide release and the little take down gizmo. It seems as though everything on the G26 needs an extension. Sorry Glockies...My opinion.

I think you made your own case Rojoe67. Time will always tell, but I think you made a good buy.