The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 15, 2004, 07:23 PM   #26
TMG

Smince,

If I, a rookie to this forum (not to LE or tactics), can add my 2 cents. Even though I think your search ,in this case was wrong, being prepared to do one is not. What's more important is to know under what circumstances you will enter a building/house/structure/whatever... next time!

Some in here have said the response time for LE would have been too long to wait. Why? If noone's life is in immediate danger (which in this case, it didnt sound like anyone you cared about was..) why go in? Property is not worth dying over.

If the next scenario involves a situation where you not acting may mean the death of someone, and you cant wait the 30 or so minutes it takes for LE, then perhaps go ahead and make the entry...But remember... If you dont have the tools or the training, (or aren't as good as we think) maybe leaving it to the professionals, no matter the response time, is a better idea. No sense being another statistic.

EK
Old November 18, 2004, 10:16 PM   #27
rustylp

i saw a good round at a gun show

i was looking over some old 12 gauge shotguns at a show and i saw a package with 4 gold bullets and i ask the guy why the pack of rounds cost so many bucks and he told me they were made for shooting at intruders in your home that might try and rob you or kill you, these bullets are the coolest cause they automaticaly stop at point of impact, so that you can shoot anybody ripping your off and scoring on your belongs and not hitting anybody next door, i aways carry my gun around in the winter time