The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 13, 2004, 05:44 PM   #1
tonyz

Hornady L-N-L Progressives On Sale

I just bought a Hornady L-N-L progressive, Now I can sell one of my Dillon's.

In my search for the best price I found that Graff and Sons has the press for $299.95 and that includes shipping.

Now there is no reason not to have one of the best at a real good price.

Link to Graff and Sons

TonyZ
Old October 27, 2004, 07:56 AM   #2
tonyz

I got my Hornady L-N-L Progressive Friday. I bought everything I needed except dies to reload 38/357 and m1-Carbine at this time, total cost to date, Press shell plates and bushings = $365.00.
Setup took about 2 hours from unboxing to loading my first round. I really like this press and no more primer feed problems or indented primers. This press operates very smooth even with the auto Indexing.
I believe there are a couple options you could do with the L-N-L that you can with the Dillon 550B as it is a 5 station press. I may never use them but it is nice to know I could.
After I sell my 550B plus the accessory's, I will come out ahead both monetarily and I am convince that the Hornady is the better press.
I will hold on to my Dillon SDB, but would have to recommend the Hornady L-N-L Progressive over the 550B.

TonyZ

Last edited by tonyz; October 28, 2004 at 08:09 AM.
Old November 7, 2004, 12:03 AM   #3
Cortland

That's not a sale, that's their everyday low price If you send Grafs your C&R FFL, the dealer price drops it down to $259.99!

A superior press at a superior price. The biggest advantages of the Hornady LnL over the 550B are the ability to add a casefeeder, auto-indexing, superior powder measure, bushings instead of die plate, and spent primer tube.