The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 13, 2004, 10:31 AM   #1
merlinthecat

AR-15 A2 Adaptor to mount a 18" barreled Police Shotgun under the AR-15 Barrel?

I've seen the military version being developed By Knights Armament for the M-4 Carbine and a pump shotgun (not sure which manufacture). It's a shot barreled shotgun, probably 14.5" or so but only holds 3 rounds because it's so short. It's designed so that the shotgun barrel doesn't protrud past the M-4 barrel which limited capacity. The M-4 magazine is used as the grip and the shotgun trigger is just forward of that. It mounts to the forward Upper/Lower M-4 retaining pin and the bayonet lug. Pretty lethal combination.

Does anyone know of a company which makes an adaptor to mount either a pump or semi-auto (11-87) police high capacity shotgun with 18" barrel to the underside of the barrel on an AR-15 with a HBAR 20" barrel with bayonet lug and flash suppressor. It sounds like on heck of a versitle combination and I don't think the shotgun barrel would protrud more than a 1" or so past the barrel of the AR-15 20" barrel with suppressor.

Since the bans been lifted the high capacity shotgun is no problem, neither is the bayonet lug or suppressor anymore. I've seen them on the web before the ban was lifted when I was searching for other AR-15 accesories but they were for L.E. only. Unfortunetly, I didn't pay any attention and now I can't find any of the web sites that advertised the adaptor or service to mount the shotgun to the adaptor to the AR-15.

Has anybody come across ads for companies that make the adaptors or do the conversions.

Anyones input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon
Old October 13, 2004, 10:44 AM   #2
User Name

Discussion going on here: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152920
It was technicly in the wrong forum I think, but it's the same topic...
P.S. they were LEO only because of the length (I think) so the ban doesn't affect that...
"Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins. This was actually done by Great Britain at the commencement of the late revolution."
Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts - 1789

GUN CONTROL....IT'S NOT A NEW IDEA......JUST A BAD ONE!
Old October 13, 2004, 12:26 PM   #3
Hkmp5sd

Jonathan Ciener makes one that attaches to the bayonet lug on the AR. It is an NFA weapon registered as a SBS.

NRA Life Member
Old October 13, 2004, 04:20 PM   #4
Dfariswheel

If you mounted an 18" Remington 870 under a 20" AR rifle, the barrel will project at least 7 inches past the AR's muzzle.

Next, the combo is HEAVY.

Last it's bulky and unwieldy.
Old October 13, 2004, 05:46 PM   #5
bullfrog99

the muzzels will be even if you mount an 18" shotgun under a 26" barreled AR. Weight may be a bit much, but it would be a neat toy.
Old October 13, 2004, 05:58 PM   #6
Casp_A

Is it just me, or do we get questions about underslung shotguns on a weekly basis?