The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old July 2, 2004, 09:53 AM   #1
Class III

Broward County, FL: Sheriff's Election

My name is Gary J. Cowart. I've been in the Law Enforcement Field for over 12 years. I've also owned and operated two Florida corporations CounterMeasures INC and the IHC Corporation in which I still am the CEO and President. I am also a Florida licensed Private Investigator and served as the Director of Regional Operations for Lone Wolf Detective Agency based out of Boca Raton, FL.

I am supporting and helping Candidate JM EVANS with his campaign who is running against current Broward County Sheriff Ken Jenne.

I worked for the Broward County Sheriff's Office under Ken Jenne during my years of law enforcement and will one day tell my story of the abuse of position, authority, harassment and discrimination that occurred during my tenure there. However now is not the time.

As you are aware Sheriff Ken Jenne is an Anti-Gun Politician who last year created the CNN assault weapon story.
I'm sure you have heard of other stories about his stance on gun ownership.

I am a Class III firearms owner and a member of the NRA, GOA, Florida Sheriff's Association and a Lifetime member of the Law Enforcement Alliance of America.

I am attempting to inform gun owners that we have a chance to replace Democrat Sheriff Ken Jenne with JM EVANS who is a PRO-GUN Republican Candidate.

I am asking for your sites help. I would like to know, what I can post and what I can't post. I also would like to know if the Firing Line can help in anyway, shape or form in
letting it's members know that PRO-GUN Sheriff Candidate JM EVANS is running against Ken Jenne in the Florida election.

JM EVANS WEBSITE IS http://jmevansforsheriff.com/

Please call me. I can be reached at (954) 341-4983 or (954) 631-0288

Sincerely,

Gary J. Cowart

Gary J. Cowart, CEO and President
Investments, Hobbies and Commodities INC (A Florida Corporation)
Florida Licensed Private Investigator
Old July 2, 2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Any .45

If I can help by voting then I will be at the Precint at Walter Young in November,
Illuminate the path
According to your inner light"

"Spring forth from the Great Earth;
Billow like Great Waves;
Stand like a tree, sit like a rock;
Use One to strike All.
Learn and forget! "

"At the instant
A warrior
Confronts a foe,
All things
Come into focus"

Morihei Ueshiba (1883-1969)
Founder of Aikido
Old July 2, 2004, 12:49 PM   #3
Quartus

I don't know if an annoucement like yours is considered within the rules here, but I'm sure the mods will let you know if it's not. You might PM one and ask.

I'd suggest a new thread with a better title - one that conveys the content AND location better. Something like, "Help elect a pro-gun sheriff in Florida".

Or ask one of the mods to move and re-name this thread, assuming the content is okay.

Thanks for fighting the good fight!

Better to know what you don't know than to think you know what you don't know.
Old July 4, 2004, 10:07 AM   #4
Rich Lucibella
Staff

As a Palm Beach resident and someone who had some business dealings with Jenne when he was a State Rep in the early 90's, I'll weigh in by saying that political "diversity" is a good thing.

Moving to Legal and Political and changing the title.
Rich