The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 6, 2002, 12:21 AM   #1
Shmackey

Baikal IZH-35M Owners...

How good is your trigger? I know it's adjustable eight ways from Sunday, but how does it compare to other good target pistol triggers once you've got it set?
"Kid, watch out for the 'conservative' who decries big government and then tells you what you can put in your body, when you should pray, and where you can put your johnson. And kid, follow the money."
Old December 6, 2002, 09:48 AM   #2
Jimmy Mac

I plan on getting one in a couple of days. I have checked it out at the shop and the one I am going to buy has a very light pull that I would guess is around two pounds but it has some creep.

I think the creep can be taken out.

When I get it home I will let you know how it turns out.
Old December 6, 2002, 09:25 PM   #3
DAVID JOHNSON

ShMackey

The trigger on the IZH 35M is a two stage just like the Hamerrli P208S. The trigger will move, move, move and then break. The actual weight is around 2 lbs. The IZH has 2 screws that will take up the travel and you can take almost all of the travel out but it will still have some movement. If your thinking about purchasing a Izh 35 drop me a line I have a used one I will let go for a good price.

David
Old December 6, 2002, 11:30 PM   #4
orlando5

I adjusted my to 1# and the take up to almost zero. There is some problem associate with this handgun. First of all field stripping is a pain. You need to get a hold of loc-lite (the temporary kind) because if you don’t put loc-lite on the screws the shroud will fall out. This also goes for the grip. My IZH 35M got over 25k through it and I notice a crack on the underneath shroud. It doesn’t affect the gun accuracy or make it dangerous to shoot. I couldn’t find replacement parts. I probably am going to superglue it. I post a picture of it later on if I can.

It’s the best deal around for a good target gun. CDNN sell it for $380.
Old December 7, 2002, 03:11 PM   #5
Jeff OTMG

Jerry's Shooting Sports is cheaper than CDNN. The added benefit to me is that I live in Texas so would have to pay 8.25% sales tax. Jerry's is around $325 or $350 NIB.

I don't have one, YET, but I sure to enjoy shooting .22 target guns.

David, why are you getting rid of yours? I hear that they are one of the biggest bang for the buck guns out there.
Old December 7, 2002, 05:06 PM   #6
DAVID JOHNSON

The only reason that I'm thinking of getting rid of it is to help with a purchase of a Volquartsen or the AW 93. The more I think about it the more I want to keep it since it as good as any of the high caliber target pistols I have. I shot it yesterday Bullseye (practice) format and shot 95, 97, 97, 98 and 95 at 25 yard. It is by far more jam free than the 208, and Pardini SP. If I keep it I'm going to put a Red dot or Doctor on it. The backing out of the screws on the slide approx (100 rounds) is a little frustating but it takes about 5 seconds to fix with a screw driver. I could use lock tight but it's not worth it to me.
Old December 7, 2002, 09:01 PM   #7
Jimmy Mac

I am buying one because I am thinking about trying the smallbore pistol competition.

I shoot the smallbore rifle three position and dewar and do fairly well and I thought the pistol matches would be a lot of fun.

I am glad to hear they are reliable. I wondered about that.

How does the Wolf Match Target do in these?
Old December 8, 2002, 02:49 PM   #8
DAVID JOHNSON

In reply to Wolf Target. I have never been able to find it. I have looked but most everyone said they can not obtain it. The gun it will shoot the CCI standard vel 1/2 inch at 25 yards and 1 inch or less at 50 yards. (from a rest). I also shoot a lot of Aguila. Alex Hamilton of 10 Ring last month said they have tested the Aguila and it will hold 1/2 inch at 50 yards from a test barrel fixture, That's good enough for me at $13.00 for a box of 500 or $26.00 for a 1000.

David