The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 24, 2002, 07:18 PM   #1
Peter Gun

Winchester 1300 barrel options

I have a winchester 1300 waterfowl special w/ a 30" rib barrel and 5 shot magazine. I want to get a defender barrel for it. Do I need to get a 5-shot defender barrel or can I use an 8 shot defender bbl if I get a magazine extender? Thanks. I think I asked this before but it got muddled up w/ another question.
Old November 27, 2002, 02:38 AM   #2
Kaliburz

I'm not sure if an 8 shot barrel can be used even w/ an extender. You're better off jusg getting the 5 shot barrel and putting the extension on....since the extension will hold it on. It's the safe way to go.
Old November 28, 2002, 08:31 PM   #3
Peter Gun

Yes, thats what I was thinking. However, 8rnd barrels are much easier to find. I was thinking that maybe some of the extensions would have a thread at bothe end so you can thread the cap on the end where the ring on an 8 shot barrel would be. I'm going to give tac-star a call on mon.