The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

View Poll Results: I know its not #1, It sure is #2, Not sure about #3 or #4
Let you know of potentially life threatening defective equipment? 0 0%
Try to sell you "Glock Perfection" hats and T-shirts? 8 36.36%
Register your purchase with federal and state law enforcement agencies? 9 40.91%
Other? Please explain, anyone please? 6 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 15, 2002, 05:26 PM   #1
Sod

What does Glock do with your registration card?

What is the purpose of registering your Glock?
Seriously

Last edited by Sod; October 17, 2002 at 08:49 PM.
Old October 15, 2002, 06:37 PM   #2
KSFreeman

Origami instruction at the local community college.
Old October 15, 2002, 07:00 PM   #3
K80Geoff

I voted "Other", they sell your name and address to interested parties from whom you will receive junk mail.
Old October 15, 2002, 08:28 PM   #4
9x45

other, please explain,

No one that I know, who shoots Glocks competitively, has ever sent in registration card....

Why, whats the point? If you break your Glock, for any reason, such as blow it up, drive over it, have you dog chew it up, Glock will sell you a new gun for their cost, about $260.

If you manage to destroy it using factory ammo, well the new one is FREE!

Personally, I went thru about 35,000 rounds thru one of my G21's before something broke. The extractor chipped, BUT IT DIDN"T STOP RUNNING. That G21 is now over 80,000 rounds, with only a couple of broken trigger reset springs, IT STILL KEPT RUNNING.

I am really disappointed. None of my 9mm's or 40S&W's has broken... But hey, they haven't reached 80,000 rounds either.....

Sod, my advice to you is to SHOOT YOUR GLOCK, then report back after at least 5,000 rounds.
Old October 15, 2002, 10:43 PM   #5
Sod

9X45

I believe the point is, what if they sell you a piece of CRAP. We will give them the benefit of the doubt, and say "unknowingly". If at some point they determine that "hey you know what, we sold a bunch of CRAP" You would think that maybe they would contact the people who bought there CRAP and took the time to register there CRAP. I guess people who "shoot competitively no more about how Glock conducts business than those of us who bothered filling out our registration cards.
Old October 15, 2002, 11:09 PM   #6
aquapong

I think the poll is a bit biased

It's been a week to a week and a half since the SO in CA discovered this problem? It takes time to put a mass mailing together. They will do so in their time. Their primary source of business is and probably always will be leos. They will take care of the leos first. Get over it. Sell your Glocks to someone who likes them and stop whining. All you're doing is taking another swipe at them. Every company has had customer service problems, not only Glock.
Old October 15, 2002, 11:22 PM   #7
Kermit

please explain?

they use the paper to keep the fire going under the HUGE pot that melts all their defective frames/parts.
Old October 15, 2002, 11:25 PM   #8
Fred Hansen

They give it to the aliens, so they know who not to use the Jupiter Wave Inducer on. The aliens know that they are powerless before Glock.
"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore
Old October 16, 2002, 12:47 AM   #9
M58

Given to ATF

Old October 16, 2002, 12:52 AM   #10
Big Bad .45 Wolf

Ummm.... If any gun company is turning over warrenty cards to the ATF it's S&W.

(Ducks now to avoid flames)
Old October 16, 2002, 02:01 AM   #11
NIB

Quote:
It's been a week to a week and a half since the SO in CA discovered this problem? It takes time to put a mass mailing together. They will do so in their time
aquapong.....Glock has admitted that they have known about the problems since May. Soooooooooo when were they gonna let everyone know about there *ahem* upgrade?

*Disclaimer*
"I am not a Glock basher, I love Glock pistols. I own the perfect example of a Glock 17 for well over 11 years. I only have problems with some of their policies. Do Not flame me or call me a whinner because your views do not coincide with mine. Unless you are a voting democRAT which in that case, "bring it on".
Old October 16, 2002, 05:37 PM   #12
Sod

I take it nobody has received there recall notice yet?
Old October 16, 2002, 07:31 PM   #13
9x45

No Sod, people who shoot competively know about guns that run. Guns that run means realiablity and that's all that counts.

You bought a Glock for one reason, to shoot it! Why don't you go do that?

Besides, how do you know your gun is even affected? Did you call?

Maybe some people only want to talk, not to shoot...
Old October 16, 2002, 08:49 PM   #14
PsychoSword

Hey NIB and 9X45, I like your names, funny....hehe.
Old October 16, 2002, 10:45 PM   #15
Tecolote

Glock sells the mailing lists to third parties. That's the only explanation I can think for my buddies getting catalogs from sketchy outfits about a few months after they sent in their cards.

Sod,

Glock could care less about customers. They'll sweep this under the rug just like the slam fire "upgrade." Think about it, if you don't have access to the web you'd never know that there's a potentially deadly problem with a product you bought in good faith.
Old October 16, 2002, 10:57 PM   #16
eagles1181

This looks like a very thinly vailed (read very obvious) glock bashing thread.

Eagle
Old October 17, 2002, 08:48 PM   #17
Sod

I am still waiting for someone to claim that Glock informed THEM that they had purchased a defective firearm!!!