The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 11, 2002, 09:53 PM   #1
kdmoore

Help me use up some 473AA powder

I've got a half keg of this stuff, but am having a hard time finding recipes for it. I reload shotgun (mostly 12, some 20) and just decided to get into 9mm. I think this powder used to be used for both, but so far my web searching has been in vain.

Anybody have any recipe's? Good site for reloading? What about impressions of this powder?

Thanks
Old October 12, 2002, 09:12 AM   #2
KP95DAO

WW473 burn rate

Here is a burn rate chart. I liked the powder when I was using it. http://www.loadyourown.com/burnrate.htm
Old October 12, 2002, 11:05 AM   #3
Intel6

This question has popped up a few times in the last few weeks on a few lists I am on. I have a Speer #11 manual that lists loads for 473AA in 38/9/45. I had scanned them for the other people and still have them on my HD. I will send you a note directly and then I can send the scanned pages to you.

I couldn't send you a message directly so I left you a message on the board.
Old October 12, 2002, 09:10 PM   #4
dick w. holliday

i've tried it in 45 and it does not burn clean at all.....come to think of it,,it didn't burn clean in the 12 or 20 ga either.....if someone doesn't scan it for you email me and i'll see what i've got....i've got winchester manuals back into the 70's.....thanks....Dick