The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 26, 2002, 09:39 PM   #1
Skunkabilly

Benelli Novas, Surefires & a Sidesaddle?

Looked at a Benelli Nova today and kinda liked it I think I see one in my future.

A dedicated foreend light would be nice...while I could mount a light with a 1" tube, having a replacement foreend would be nice.

The foreend is too short for a 6-shot sidesaddle...not sure why anyone would want a 4-shot if they could have a 6.

A Surefire short foregrip would kill two birds with one stone, providing Tacstar will make a 6-shot saddle for it.

Or is mounting a light on the tube, along with a 4-shot saddle, sufficient? Your thoughts?
Old September 27, 2002, 10:05 AM   #2
ronin308

Skunk- Where'd you find a 4 shot side saddle for a Nova? I didn't know they made 'em.
Old September 27, 2002, 12:04 PM   #3
Duke of Lawnchair

I know I'm not Skunk, but you can find the 4-shot side saddles here:

Good luck!
Jimbenelli nova 4-shot SS
Old September 27, 2002, 05:52 PM   #4
eap

get a rem 870, parts abound and are cheaper.

when i contacted surefire about a forend light, they said it overlaps the receiver just like the stock part and had no occurances of jams.

i think the aftermarket stock makers called their forends "tactical" and needed to change something to make their part different. so the myth about the stock part jamming or the idea you need a short "tactical" forend was born.
Old September 27, 2002, 06:27 PM   #5
RCH

Just picked up a Nova SP on Tuesday. Will shoot it this weekend. But so far, I like it. Don't know if I will be bold enough to shoot 3 1/2" shells out of it (My shoulder starts to spasm when I think about it). A check of the ole' brownells catalog showed a couple of neat add-ons: 2 shot mag extention, jumbo overhead safety, 4 round side saddle. Check out www.brownells.com and look under Benelli and Tac Star. Ordered the 2 shot ext. and mounted on this afternoon. the stock 4+1 is now a better 7+1 (with 2 3/4" shells loaded)!!

Also CMMG, Inc. offers a light/laser rail for the Benelli. It mounts on the magazine tube and allows the mounting of a M3 or M6. www.cmmginc.com and click on the "Lights" link.
Old September 30, 2002, 10:36 AM   #6
notos&w

ive been able to find all the accessories i want for my nova
Old September 30, 2002, 05:30 PM   #7
eap

you can find them and pay more.
Old October 4, 2002, 01:46 AM   #8
Duke of Lawnchair

Not everyone wants an 870. I have a highschool buddy that transitioned from a Mossberg 500 to a Rem 870. He found out that the 870 just wasn't for him, for whatever reasons and now uses the Moss 500. Moral of the story? There is no moral, buy what you want.