The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 2, 2002, 11:44 PM   #1
Rail Gun

Feedback wanted on KY Imports

I am about to place an order for 1,000 rounds of premium ammo and would like to know the experience of other TFL'ers with them. Thanks.
Old October 3, 2002, 07:13 AM   #2
u352

I like them

I ordered 2 police shotguns from them in '98. I didn't have any problems. One of their people even spent a day picking out a weapon with the features I wanted.
-JR
Old October 3, 2002, 07:01 PM   #3
RANash

I bought a Kimber Gold Match from them two years ago. Great price and prompt service.
Old October 4, 2002, 04:25 PM   #4
Sastrugi

No problemo here either..........
Got 1/2 dozen HK M8 mags in great condition for about 1/2 of the going price a few years back.

Last edited by Sastrugi; October 6, 2002 at 08:58 AM.
Old October 6, 2002, 07:04 AM   #5
eap

members over at GT have had nothing but problems with them. i wouldn't send them one cent.
Old October 7, 2002, 09:09 AM   #6
45nut

Have ordered from them many times with no problems. They have great service too.
Sam
Old October 28, 2002, 02:06 PM   #7
Strayhorn

As long as everything goes fine, you're OK. As soon as there is a problem, watch out.

I had ordered from them for several years with no problems. One day I ordered an air pistol and it didn't show up. I called customer service and got an earful of sh*t from an extremely rude woman. She gave me every excuse in the book for why the airgun hadn't arrived. I finally asked for the UPS tracking code and she said they didn't give out tracking codes for "security reasons". More lies. I finally threatened to call the KY attorney general's office. That got her attention - must have a number of complaints on file already. She said it would ship the next day and they would email me the number. The number did come the next day and the airgun finally arrived as well.

You know, all she had to say was "It hasn't gone out yet, we're backed up" or "it's on back order" or something similar, but she chose to be evasive.

I posted about my experience here and got a number of similar responses - as long as the transaction goes well, you're fine. As soon as something hangs up - watch out

"We spent the night at Strayhorn's farm, about nine miles from Hillsboro."
-- Lt.Gen. Wade Hampton