The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 15, 2002, 10:48 PM   #1
ClicknSpark

FEG PJK-9HP aftermarket parts

I'm looking into the PJK and have a couple of questions... there are a few things i would want to do to change the appearance... customize it of sorts... do u know if there are any aftermarket:

-beaver tails
-triggers
-hogue-type wrap around grips
-hi-capacity clips

Any advice?

Thanks
Damien
Old August 15, 2002, 11:33 PM   #2
Ed Brunner

The importer is/was KBI in Harrisburg, PA. To the best of my knowlege, all parts interchange with Browning.
As to the beavertail, a number of smiths weld up a beavertail extension to the frame. There is no add-on beavertail part as on a 1911.
The triggers are essentially all the same, the biggest difference being that some eliminate the magazine disconnect which is part of the trigger assembly. Removing the disconnect and using a Wolff spring yields a pretty good trigger in a broken in gun.
Hogue makes grips for the Browning Hi-power and they will fit the
FEG.
Browning HP magazines fit. Seventeen round magazines are available from CDNN at $19.99. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hip9mm17blun.html

UNTIL IT'S OVER!

Ed
Old August 16, 2002, 01:04 AM   #3
ClicknSpark

Thanks for the info Ed... CDNN has some nice stuff. Anyone else know anything?
Old August 16, 2002, 09:12 AM   #4
MuzzleBlast

Location: Arkansas. Much better place since Bill and Hillary went home.
Ed pretty much covered it: if it fits a Browing HP, it fits the FEG. Cylinder and Slide has lots of aftermarket parts:
http://shop.cylinder-slide.com/click...t&ref=16::14&*

Molwn labe!
Old August 16, 2002, 09:50 AM   #5
ClicknSpark

I heard the grips don't fit though... is that true?
Old August 16, 2002, 11:51 AM   #6
Tropical Z

I know everyone ranks on USA mags,but i got two of their 30 rounders from CDNN and they work great in my FEG-FP9.You can see a pic of my FP-9 in the guinea pig thread.
Old August 16, 2002, 01:04 PM   #7
BJordan71

I can't say about Hogue but the set of Pachmeyers(?) I bought cheap wouldn't fit on the PJK-9HP that I had. The wrap-around part was OK but the part that fits over the backstrap wouldn't fit, no way, no how.

Stay safe.
TFL#12525
Old August 16, 2002, 06:37 PM   #8
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

My FEG (older model) and my dad's (newer model) BOTH have the Houge monogrip. Fits like a glove.

The newer models aren't exact copies, as the slide stop is slightly different and the cuts in the left sideof the slide are different. The barrel is slightly different as well.

Safties, triggers, etc are all BHP compatible.

My old model PJK came with that small gritty safety. I replaced it with an aftermarket extended safety. The new models already have extended safety and slide stop levers.
Old August 16, 2002, 07:37 PM   #9
SouthpawShootr

I've had my FEG for about 3 years. This year I had a C&S safety added (requires fitting, but it will work). The frame had a stripped screw (came like that from the importer). I had the gunsmith change to the next largest size. Then I replace the crappy wood grips with Uncles Mikes rubber. This really dressed the gun up. Topped everything off with 3 South African 17 round high caps.
Old August 16, 2002, 11:07 PM   #10
Mike H

I have a PJK-9HP and all it REALLY needs is an extended safety.

The trigger was "beyond lousy", but it's improved to "very bad", but hey I pull it and the gun fires, it doesn't mess up my accuracy.

I looked at the C&S extended safety but they wanted $45 plus shipping, just picked one up from Global Trading for $14.99, looks fine, guess we'll see when it gets fitted.

Mike H
Old August 17, 2002, 02:43 AM   #11
Bill Adair

Damien,

Be very careful what FEG PJK-9HP you purchase!

Mine has the same part number (PJK-9HP) as the original Hi Power clone, but has a totally different barrel, slide, and frame! The differences are not visible until you remove the slide.

You can identify the HP clones, by the oval slide stop pin through the frame, and the single slotted foot on the barrel that in-gages the slide stop pin. Mine has lugs on both sides of the foot that in-gage grooves in the frame, and a matt black finish.

Mine is not as accurate as my friends HP, even after my mag disconnect was removed, but that may be an individual gun problem.

I would not buy another like mine, but wouldn't hesitate to buy the original HP compatable FEG.

Bill
Old August 17, 2002, 04:23 AM   #12
ClicknSpark

Thanks Bill, I'll keep an eye out.
Old August 17, 2002, 03:31 PM   #13
johnwill

Bill, are you sure they still call that the PJK-9HP? I thought they gave the new model a different number. I remember this discussion about the new barrel and lock-up, but I thought the model was also different.
Old August 17, 2002, 03:40 PM   #14
Mike H

That sounds like the new P9R (correct designation ??) which has a new FEG designed lock up with a different lug arrangement.

I thought that all PJK-9HP's were direct copies of the original Hi Power. Some people have even swapped slides between the 2 and the hybrid shoots fine.

Not 100% sure though.

Mike H
Old August 17, 2002, 09:35 PM   #15
Bill Adair

John,

The model number PJK-9HP is right on the slide, in the instruction manual, and on the box, but that may not mean much with some European firearms.

It's possible this slide is interchangeable with the HP clone, as I don't have one to compare, but the barrel and frame are most definitely not HP compatible! They look identical externally, except for the missing barrel stop pin, and matt finish.

It should be fun ordering parts for this thing.

Mike H,

The P9R models that I've seen, have a vent rib along top of the slide. Mine has no rib.

Bill
Old August 18, 2002, 12:44 PM   #16
johnwill

Interesting Bill, glad I bought mine before they screwed it up.
Old August 18, 2002, 02:35 PM   #17
Bill Adair

John,

I ordered it, when the dealer was told by his distributor that it was the original HP clone, and I very nearly sent it back when it came in, and when we found it was the new model.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of handling it first, and it did have that wonderful HP fit and balance, so I decided to give it a chance.

It's not a bad gun by any means, and functions flawlessly, but it just doesn't seem to have the accuracy of an HP.

Bill