The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 27, 2002, 11:16 PM   #1
yukon999

Oregon Gun Shops

I am wondering if anyone knows where in oregon although I would prefer the portland areas I could find a good dealer that would have a good selection of both new and used guns?

Thanx

Yukon
Old June 27, 2002, 11:44 PM   #2
stmcelroy

Northwest Armory - in Milwaukie

Fishermans Marine - Hayden Meadows and Oregon City.

Keith's Guns - in Gresham

Northwest Armory and Keith's probably have the biggest selection of new and used in the area. Keith's probably would have more used than Northwest Armory.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Old June 28, 2002, 01:34 AM   #3
youngun

Shame on you Steve!
You should know the coolest gun shop is The Gun Broker.
"now serving you at two locations!"

14981 SE 82nd in Clackamas and
13500 SW Pacific Hwy (99W)

The guys and gals that run these two shops have to be the friendliest in town.
Keith's has a fair amount of handguns, but don't call for a price check, whatever you do.
It was all he Keith) could do to not hang up on me when I was new to the area, trying to find a good price on a Kimber.
[ended up buying a used from him anyway; couldn't pass it up.]

The Clackamas Gun Broker has lots more used rifles than either of the other two, and the other in Tigard might have almost as many as the others.

Look around.
There's also a place on whatever that road is on the east side, digonally connecting Powell (?) with 82nd, Foster I think.
It's about 2 blocks south of Powell on the left.
Kinda pricey though.

So there.
That's five altogether.
Are you looking for something in particular?
Old June 28, 2002, 09:09 AM   #4
stmcelroy

Youngun,

The only time I was in the Gun Broker in Clackamas the prices were way higher than Northwest Armory.........Keith's was fairly high, though some deals were available on used (especially at the gun shows).

The guy on Foster is the biggest opionated a-hole in the world. But if someone likes a-holes his place is the Gunroom, but his pricing stinks. Be prepared to bend over........

But, hey i'm from Washington, so I only window shop handguns and buy rifles/shotguns in Oregon. Wish I had as many quality choices as you guys in Oregon.

Steve
Old June 28, 2002, 09:10 AM   #5
OTISZ

Keith is pretty low on personality, but he has the best selcection and price in the area. If your looking for a gun at the best price, good selection, and can put up with the BS go to Keith's. Now that is a glowing endorsement isn't it.?

"Millions for defense, not one dime for tribute!"
Old June 28, 2002, 09:13 PM   #6
LarsG17

The gun room sucks, what ever they have is the best you can buy and all else is ****. This changes as he gets different stuff in. Don't like Keith's but have bought from him due to good prices. Northwest armory is a little better than Keith's. Gun broker has a great staff but thier prices are a little higher. They also have one of the best selections of used guns that I have seen.
Old June 28, 2002, 09:45 PM   #7
John Marshall

You guys are bein' a little hard on the Gun Room aren't ya? Shouldn't used .45Colt Davis Derringers sell for $500? Isn't retail plus 20% normal pricing?

As to the Gun Broker, I went in to the Clackamas shop a few months ago and found about a dozen handguns on a rack marked "used". Now, you would have to use a 30X loupe on these guns to see any sign of use so I asked the girl behind the counter: "How used?". She said they had a particular customer who's habit it was to buy several guns at a time and take them home, keep them in the closet for a few months, decide he really didn't want them and bring them back. Since the guns had left the store, they were obligated to sell "unused" guns as used. They were, by the by, all fairly priced too. Nice folks and a pretty good selection both new and used.

I still go to Northwest Armory first.
Old June 29, 2002, 01:15 AM   #8
Dieselman

If you don't mind driving to Salem, you could goto the Shooters Merchantile. They have an Excellent variety of new and used guns plus an indoor shooting range. I have bought quite a few guns from these guys. I also have been to all the above mentioned gun stores but none really have the selection that The Shooters Merchantile have.
Just my $0.02.

http://www.shootersmerc.com/
Old June 30, 2002, 03:52 PM   #9
youngun

http://www.shootersmerc.com/
Excellent.
Hadn't heard of this place before.
My mom's coming to visit next month, wants to go pistol shopping.
Maybe we'll go check this place out.
Old June 30, 2002, 11:58 PM   #10
Sierra

Shooters Merc in Salem has average prices, certainly nothing to drive 50 miles.

Keith sold 7000 guns last year. He has the largest inventory in the NW. At the last gunshow in Portland he must have had 40 tables. Great prices (the best in the Portland area) but no customer service after the sale.

Northwest Armory seems to have less inventory each time I go in there. It used to be the best deal in town and then something happened and they started declining. They started in a building in Milwaukie about the size of a gas station then jumped into the building they are in now and they had a great inventory, great prices, went to gunshows and even had classes. Now the building is sublet to several businesses (insurance, fishing shop, gunsafes). Looks like they are on the skids.

One other gunshop is worth mentioning and already has been. Fishermans Supply. They regulate their prices by driving five miles to Northwest Armory and duplicating them.

The Gun Broker has been improving. If you want revolvers that is the place to go. If you want a rifle go to the gunshow or over to Keiths.

The Gun Room is a joke. If you want to pay full retail plus 10% then you would be in heaven.