The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 10, 2002, 06:24 PM   #1
priv8ter

Yay! Maybe Washington(State) isn't so bad after all.

So, a mere 6 days after applying for it, I got my Concealed Carry Permit in the mail today. Now comes the hard part, a holster. I didn't think picking a holster would be that tough, but I see on here that a lot of people have a hard time finding the 'perfect one'.

Due to having a baby on the way, it's going to be a few months before I can by a dedicated carry gun, so I am going to start with my full size H&K USP .40. It's not that heavy as far as guns go, but it is kind of bulky. I find it fits very nicely in the small of my back. I have done some practice around the house(gun unloaded), and I don't print back there. I am looking for advice on a SOB holster though. I don't like the idea of just tucking it in the back of my pants with a bullet in the chamber, and nothing around the trigger guard.
Old May 13, 2002, 04:12 PM   #2
illuminatus99

I picked up a nice SOB holster a while back, the only problem is that if I run the gun falls out so I if I have run anywhere I have to keep my hand on the butt to keep it from falling out, I may see if I can get some sort of retention strap put on.
Old May 13, 2002, 06:46 PM   #3
IndyGunFreak

You might check at Blade-Tech.com They've got some fairly inexpensive Kydex Holsters.

Be safe
IGF

RIP Big John
Old May 14, 2002, 12:45 AM   #4
BigMike

I would second Blade-Tech. You can also try FIST, and I've heard Talon Tactical makes affordable kydex holsters.

If you can make it down to Bremerton there are a couple of shops there that carry a variety of holsters.

I carried CCW in WA for over 8 years and had no problems getting my CCW, or renewal. I was raised in Port Orchard, went to the Lutefisks at the First Lutheran Church in Poulsbo every October. MMMmmmmm

Good Luck!

Mike
Old May 14, 2002, 08:46 AM   #5
priv8ter

Thanks

Blade-tech sounds good. I useually shop at Vancura's in Poulsbo...smaller selection, but I like the owners better. I'm kind of strange, I'm okay paying a few extra bucks to be concidered a valued customer, than going to a bigger store and be treated like a burden.

MIke, I haven't been able to talk my wife into the Lutefisk festival yet. Not sure I'm brave enough either. Thanks for your guys help.