The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 24, 2000, 12:53 PM   #1
Alex Johnson

Several years ago my father traded away a beautiful little over & under Browning 410 shotgun for an Ithica Mag 10 (surely one of the most terrible things he ever did). Ever since that time I have had a desire to find one like it again. All I can remember was that it came in a factory leather case and was heavily engraved and gold inlayed. I believe the receiver was coin finished and the barrel was blued. Does anyone remember browning having a model like this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Alex Johnson
NRA, Life Member
Old February 24, 2000, 06:06 PM   #2
K80Geoff

Your father traded a beautiful O/U for a 10 Ga auto? Does he have any other guns to trade?

It depends whether the gun was a Belgian Browning or a Citori (Japanese). I suspect it was a Belgian and will be difficult to replace. You can probably have one made for about 8-10 thou. Citori makes a 410 for sporting clays that goes for about 1800 and it is a good gun, but not up to the Belgian guns standards. You might try Gun List, they often have several Brownings listed. Several specialty dealers also deal in Belgian Brownings. The following website might help

www.gunshop.com

Check out the links on the above website, you might find a dealer in used Belgian guns.

Geoff Ross

[This message has been edited by K80Geoff (edited February 24, 2000).]