The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 20, 2002, 08:59 PM   #1
jkoj

browning bps 1st shotgun

hey guys, just purchased my first shotgun. browning bps 12 gauge 28" barrel wood stock for 406$ it came with 3 chokes.i mostly shoot pistol and rifle because there is no trap range at the club i shoot at. my buddy belongs to a trap club and shoots mostly 5 stand. so my question is how did i do on the price and is this gun ok to shoot trap once a month. also what is proper line behavior when using a pump for 5 stand. thanks guys.
Old March 21, 2002, 05:02 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

The price in neither a steal nor a deal. You did OK, IMO.

Trap is a different game than 5 stand, both are oodles of fun.

Follow the range rules strictly.

I suggest,since you're brand new to shotguns, you see if there's any lessons being offered at the new range. It will save you lots of time.

Since trap's one shot at a time and 5 stand has lots of doubles, you may do better at first shooting a bit of trap.

And don't get discouraged, even if you're an Olympic class rifle shooter, shotgunning's different and we all start out missing.

HTH....