The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 4, 1999, 03:43 AM   #1
Hal

Just kind of curious. In the 1300 thread you stated you're happy not to have one. Any particular reason?

------------------
(!)
Old July 4, 1999, 12:38 PM   #2
Rob Pincus

I'm not sure exactly what I said. What I meant was that I don't feel like I am at a loss without one in the house.

I've got one at my Mom's house.

The 870 (or at least a Moss 500) seems to have taken on almost "necessary" status in the collection of any serious defensive/combat shooter. I was just pointing out that I think the 1300 or a good modern semi can fill the same niche in the armory.

------------------
-Essayons
Old July 5, 1999, 05:31 AM   #3
Hal

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I am perfectly happy to not have an 870 or a Moss 500 in my house. Between the Defender and the Benelli, I am perfectly comfortable.[/quote]

I just wondered if there was something about the 870 that you didn't care for.( Or the Moss 500 for that matter). I know the choice of guns/grips whatever is entirely a matter of personal taste, most of the time. Sometimes however there may be some small detail or something that is a constant due to a particular design. You have much more experience with a greater range of guns than I do, and I just was curious. If someone whose experience I have learned to trust says somthing like the above, I just kinda wonder what the rest of the story is. Thanks for clearing it up.

------------------
(!)
Old July 5, 1999, 09:12 AM   #4
Rob Pincus

No problem, Hal. THanks for asking. The 870 is a great gun. I've got no problems with it at all. Some people seem to think it is the only shotgun to have, a position that I do not hold.