The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 14, 2002, 12:25 PM   #1
jpm63

Tradition O/U

I am in the market for a new shotgun. Will split usage between trap range and field. I have been leaning towards a used Rem 1100, but noticed the new Traditions O/U seems to be reasonably priced. I am looking to stay in the $500 range.

The Traditions gun is Italian made, but looks well built. Anyone out there try one? How is it shooting and holding up?

JPM
Old February 15, 2002, 10:58 AM   #2
retiredsgt

traditions O/U

JPM: I looked very closely at one last year. Price was good, but I was not impressed. Instead bought a used Red Label. Great shooter.
Old February 15, 2002, 10:28 PM   #3
Bobshouse

I purchased the Traditions "Fausti" shotgun early last year when they first appeared in Walmart stores. I take it to the range almost every weekend for some trap, clays and 5 stand. The gun still locks up as tight as new. Both barrels shoot dead center at point of aim from 35 yards out.

For $499.00 it comes with extended forcing cone, chromed barrels, single selective mechanical trigger, screw in chokes (three supplied with the gun) and manual extractors. The bluing is a dark rich even color and the wood to metal fit is pretty darn good. The one I purchased has 28 inch barrels. I also purchased the extended chokes which add an additional 2 inches to the barrel length when used. I don't think you can find anything near the quality at the price.

I have a picture of it that I took when I was messing around one day. I wanted a close up, so I took about 6 or 7 pictures and pasted them together. As you will see, I'm definately not a professional, but it will give you a larger picture of the gun than you get at the Traditions site. Check it out here