The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old February 4, 2002, 06:35 AM   #1
DakTo

Cz 527

I went to a funshow this weekend and CZ 527 in 223 followed me home. To be honest i had looked at one before truly liked it but i did not have the funds or the full motivation to get into a bolt action. Until lately my 223 firearms have been AR's. The 223 is a caliber that i truly like. On with the story...

In the mean time i aquired a Contender in 223 and have been trying to develop a reload (very frustrating) for it. However this created a new taste, the accurate lightweight 223.

Now i have come the full circle. I still have my AR's but i must admit they have taken a back seat to my other 223s and i am looking for any and all the information i can find on the CZ 527. The dealer i traded with left the box at his business and it may be a few days before i can pick it up. Thanks for listening.
Old February 5, 2002, 07:13 AM   #2
Deadman

Try the search feature, there should be quite a few posts on the CZ-527.
Old February 5, 2002, 10:27 AM   #3
Jaywalker

Hard to search for a "CZ 527." The search engine will accept CZ527 or CZ-527, but CZ 527 yields a result that says "527" doesn't have enough digits - please make it have four digits minimum. Odd restriction.

I recently started looking for the same thing and ran up against this issue. As a half-ass workaround, I searched instead for "Hornet," as CZ's 22 Hornet is a good rifle. I found a few users then looked at their previous posts for rifle comments. FWIW, I haven't found anyone who disliked the rifle, but they may be out there.

Jaywalker