The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 2, 2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Okie47

JPoint red dot HELP..please

I was graciously given a JPoint with a new battery today. I had mentioned that I wanted one for either a Baby Eagle or my carry Glock 27 and it appeared, with no instructions, model no. etc. I just thought it would be cool and maybe help my old eyes...point is, I know literally nothing on the subject. I was amazed that it looks like it has a MSRP of 299.00? and for 39.00 a Glock adaptor. To prove my ignorance, does this thing stay on 24/7? and do I leave the muzzle sight in place or get a "suppressor sight"? Any help at all is much needed and appreciated.
Old April 3, 2013, 08:54 AM   #2
g.willikers

There's no reason to remove the front sight, unless it bothers you to see both.
And if the dot would stop working, the front sight can still be used, with the dot sight body acting like a ghost ring.
The red dot would have to be removed when the gun is cleaned, to avoid damage from the harsh chemicals.
Old April 3, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Okie47

Thanks, I have found that it does stay on 24/7 automatically adjusting to light level. I have emailed the factory to see how to determine the m.o.a. I have a Theis holster on order, looks like it will clear but I'm waiting to see. Anyone out there have opinions on using it on a ccw?
Old April 3, 2013, 02:06 PM   #4
JN01

I have a Trijicon RMR on my Glock, red dots are great for old eyes.

When you mount the sight, it will block the view of your iron sights unless you use taller suppressor sights. Using back up irons allows you to acquire the dot quicker, plus if your red dot quits working, you still have sights.
Old April 3, 2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Okie47

JN01...do you conceal carry with your RMR? It seems it would be fragile for day long carry w/o it's protective cover shroud.