The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 23, 2000, 06:23 PM   #1
Point Blank

I was wondering if the cannister type tear gas is legal to own in Ga.,what would i expect to pay for such a novelty item.Thanks
Old July 18, 2006, 12:22 PM   #2
atlctyslkr

I hope so because I got some! No idea what I'll eve use it for.
Old July 18, 2006, 03:36 PM   #3
springmom

Check www.packing.org which will give you information on the law. Cost? No idea.

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun
Old July 31, 2006, 09:04 AM   #4
MisterPX

You can get CS canisters in the $40-$50 ballpark.
Old August 1, 2006, 12:30 PM   #5
guntotin_fool

try real police supply houses....if you just want the can and not need the juice inside, that is, making a gag gift plaque or something, I got four empties from my local PD when I had asked them to save some for me after a training day. Ask your local or regional training academy for empties.

Striechers police supply sells them. They may not list them on the web site, but they do sell them thru the catalog. The cheapest they have is about 30 bucks, and they go up, way up from there.
Old August 1, 2006, 07:35 PM   #6
warwagon

Cs

Rember, CS, like any other agent can be lethal if contained in a small area, thus diminishing the oxygen supply.

Canisters are typicaly meant for outdoor riot control, and should handeld with caution!

Also,depending on the age of the unit, they have been known to ignight/explode on activation.

Just a word of caution,

Blair
Old August 1, 2006, 07:56 PM   #7
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Canisters are typicaly meant for outdoor riot control, and should handeld with caution!
Right. Please note that there are basically two different type of cannisters or grenades: hot and cold. Hot burning cannisters are designed for outdoor crowd dispersal, and are just that... hot. They can and will start fires.

Cannisters designed for indoors (i.e., clearing a room, etc.) don't burn, and can't start fires.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old August 21, 2006, 06:58 PM   #8
voodoogreg

I always found PS/CS effective, just don't try to buy it at an Indiana walmart.
they used to sell it (a keychain can i used as a backup to a medium sized can) and about two yr's ago i couldn't find it, asked the dood manager
he said " wal-mart IN no longer carries it as it's has litigation problem's, we get sued" this conversation was held next to a counter display with LOTS
of rifles and hi power gun ammo.. go figer..VDG