The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 26, 2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Polglock

New to me glock 21

I haven't bought a glock in two years. So sad i know. While browsing yesterday I looked at a few glocks on consignment. I picked up a gen 3 g-21 otd for 400$ it looks very lightly used previous owner either didn't shoot it much or was picky about keeping it clean. Does anyone here use a g-21 for concealed carry. I just ordered a seemingly pretty nice iwb from Winthrop holsters.
Old August 26, 2013, 08:21 AM   #2
allaroundhunter

New to me glock 21

I have carried them openly while on private land, but they are a bit too big for my 5'8", 160 lb frame to conceal.
Old August 26, 2013, 08:58 AM   #3
Mystro

I did with my G20 which is the same size. Its too big for daily carry unless I am outside in the woods or wearing a coat. I lke the gun better for woods use where open carry is much more comfortable.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"
Old August 26, 2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Vireye

I concealed a G21 daily for about a year IWB with a crossbreed supertuck deluxe , nonissues. I'm 5'8", 150 lbs and slim. I recently switched to a government sized 1911 because I prefer the slimmer profile...
Old August 26, 2013, 09:25 AM   #5
jglsprings

I love my G21. It is not a concealed carry weapon in my opinion. It fills the "service pistol" role.

That said, I purchased mine to have an example of the full size Glock and am very happy with it. I love the capacity and soft recoil.

I am sure that some have successfully carried one concealed. It's just not for me.

Commas save lives...
Old August 26, 2013, 09:31 AM   #6
geetarman

It is difficult to conceal a G21. They are nice guns and very reliable.

A G30 is MUCH easier to conceal and you still can have 10 rounds.

A G19 is another nice choice if you like 9mm.

Carpe Cerveza
Old August 26, 2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
Does anyone here use a g-21 for concealed carry.
Yup. I used to..With Trijicon HD sights. Still have it. Love that darn thing. I have a +2 on the mag too so it was 16 in the gun and 2 spare mags, back when I worked in Liberty City.

Now I carry a Glock 19, have been for the past year. Also with Trijicon HD sights and 2 spares.