The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 3, 2016, 04:05 PM   #26
F. Guffey

Quote:
gun broker handled it very poorly.
I ask them for permission to quote their response. It does not matter the seating die is not a RCBS die.

F. Guffey
Old August 3, 2016, 05:04 PM   #27
cw308

F.Guffey
l feel 98% of the people out there are honest, it's the 2% that cross our path once an awhile. Don't let the 2% change your way of thinking.
Old August 3, 2016, 05:34 PM   #28
briandg

My God, 308, you are highly optimistic.

Just my opinion, but it is the little things like this that are most destructive.

The kid next door who has been told "it's only stealing if you're caught" who engages in petty larceny is maybe worse than Bernie Madoff. It's normal to feel a sense of outrage because of the big crimes, but we accept the minor grazing as a matter of human nature.
Old August 3, 2016, 06:59 PM   #29
cw308

briandg
I never take the 2% lightly. That's people not politicians.
Old August 3, 2016, 11:30 PM   #30
GWS

Ha! I wonder what they would do, if all of us emailed them with a complaint that a joker on their sight was selling a product misrepresented as an RCBS product when it was OBVIOUSLY NOT an RCBS product........and was that "representative" of the products for sale on their site, and perhaps even the integrity of their sellers..........or worse.
Old August 4, 2016, 12:48 AM   #31
44 AMP
Staff

I have both RCBS and LEE dies. I just went and looked at them. In the picture, the sizer is RCBS the other die is LEE. It is IDENTICAL in appearance to LEE seater dies I have.

Either the seller is looking at a different die set than the one in the picture, or he is deliberately lying.

OR, it is remotely possible that A) someone stamped the letters RCBS on a LEE die, or B) RCBS made a perfect copy of the LEE die. I think the lottery has better odds though.

Most likely, the seller made a mistake, either with the picture, or the description, and simply isn't a big enough person to admit it.

I would not do business with such an obvious twit.
Old August 4, 2016, 06:57 AM   #32
briandg

I tried to add my two cents but wasn't a member. I believe that as many people should exactly as you suggest should do so.

I think that the simple facts are that the guy had a sizer die in box, added a Lee seater that he had to make a set, and he is one trying to BS his way through it.

The other, probably remote possibility is than the Lee divers one of the "rgb" series Lee, and labeled "Lee-Rgb" and he's trying to bluff his way through that.

He has 100 percent feedback. I dont get it
Old August 4, 2016, 07:15 AM   #33
jaguarxk120

No not stupid, but rather a conman, liar, and anything you can add to his description.

This is one guy that should be on the radar for everyone, not to deal with!
Old August 4, 2016, 09:31 AM   #34
F. Guffey

Quote:
He has 100 percent feedback. I dont get it
When I am the winning bidder all I can do is notify the seller, send the money and furnish delivery information. The seller can hold the winning bidder for ransom by holding feed back until he gets positive feed back. The seller has a rule, if the buyer is not happy they must pay return postage and insurance; even though they did not receive a RCBS 2 die set, most disturbing, GunBroker sees nothing wrong with that practice.

F. Guffey
Old August 4, 2016, 09:46 AM   #35
cw308

F.Guffey
Boy you sure opened up a bag of worms. Keep up the good work. Chris
Old August 4, 2016, 09:51 AM   #36
nhyrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Guffey View Post
When I am the winning bidder all I can do is notify the seller, send the money and furnish delivery information. The seller can hold the winning bidder for ransom by holding feed back until he gets positive feed back. The seller has a rule, if the buyer is not happy they must pay return postage and insurance; even though they did not receive a RCBS 2 die set, most disturbing, GunBroker sees nothing wrong with that practice.

F. Guffey
Hmm... Maybe I'm in the mood to loose shipping and insurance to put this idiot in his place... Either that or an excuse to buy a 25-06...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old August 4, 2016, 11:59 AM   #37
briandg

Once, on eBay, I had an idiot handle a transaction rather poorly and rather than leave poor feedback, I just let it be. She wrote to me demanding that I put on feedback, so I did. I gave her neutral. "Sipping was a bit slow, and then she hassled me about not leaving feedback. I think this is fair."

She turned around and left me a negative ranting about how unfair I was, and what a jerk I was.

Sometimes you just get probed.
Old August 4, 2016, 12:58 PM   #38
cw308

briandg
You can't be a nice guy with what I call a 2%er.
Old August 4, 2016, 11:12 PM   #39
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Once, on eBay, I had an idiot handle a transaction rather poorly and rather than leave poor feedback, I just let it be. She wrote to me demanding that I put on feedback, so I did. I gave her neutral. "Sipping was a bit slow, and then she hassled me about not leaving feedback. I think this is fair."

She turned around and left me a negative ranting about how unfair I was, and what a jerk I was.

Sometimes you just get probed
Western Gun Parts recently screwed me on a deliberately-misrepresented item on Gunbroker.
A third party (payment processor) decided in my favor.

Long story short...
WGP waited until 6 minutes prior to the 30-day deadline for leaving feedback on the auction, before leaving me nasty feedback. ...Because they knew that once the deadline passed I wouldn't be able to reply.

That's the kind of company people want to do business with!

Oh... and Gunbroker wouldn't touch the situation (even prior to the feedback), because WGP is Canadian. Gunbroker's 'resolution' policies don't cover international transactions. Keep that in mind.
Old August 5, 2016, 02:43 PM   #40
F. Guffey

Quote:
That's the kind of company people want to do business with!
No, I can not afford it, I have a neighbor that lives just north of me that lives in a town that is so undescriptive it is called Plain-O. I bid on and won a set of dies he was selling; during the auction I sent him 4 emails telling him I could pick the die dies up direct. You know the routine, I won, I sent the money and furnished deliver information and a request for picking the dies up.

Anyhow, he shipped the dies and I sent him negative feed back. Again, I did all I could do, all he had to do was post positive feed back because I met all of the requirements but he waited until I posted feed back. I was soo proud of my negative feed back. And that is the reason feed back does not work.

I have sent two more questions to the seller of the RCBS 2 die set.

I could understand if they only allowed pretty people to visit his neighbor and or if he was worried about my old pick up leaking on his driveway. And then there was my dog, friend and church members called my dog, 'the hound from hell'. I know most would wonder why I would take him, for me it was easier to take him with me than it was to leave him home.

F. Guffey
Old August 5, 2016, 03:35 PM   #41
cw308

F.Guffey
You sure pick the winners. Thank God I don't come across A Holes that often, I'd be locked up.
Old August 5, 2016, 06:01 PM   #42
briandg

I believe that eBay has changed their policy. No feedback for buyers, no revenge feedback.
Old August 6, 2016, 07:28 AM   #43
F. Guffey

Quote:
I believe that eBay has changed their policy. No feedback for buyers, no revenge feedback.
It has been that long since I have done business with eBay, and now I am going to turn it around and start selling.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/5719019895.html

F. Guffey
Old August 6, 2016, 09:05 AM   #44
briandg

Twenty some years ago it was just like the story from broker. At some point I got a message about the change and my negative disappeared
Old August 9, 2016, 05:07 AM   #45
1100 tac

The guy knows what it is, he's just being a d!k.