The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 15, 2012, 08:51 PM   #1
tkglazie

FrogLube users thread

This thread is not meant to be a pro/con thread. I am a new FrogLube user and would simply like to converse with fellow FrogLube-ers to determine the best ways to use the product.

That said, I just got my first batch of FL today. I promptly stripped my already cleaned SR1911 down to the frame, rubbed all parts down with rubbing alcohol, heated the pieces in a warm oven for a few minutes until the parts were 120-130F and painted each part with FL paste. For the bore I wet a patch thoroughly with FL liquid and ran it through a few times. All the parts went back into the warm oven (not shut off) to slowly cool down.

Once cool, I wiped each part with the microfiber cloth and repeated the process. I am planning to do this a few more times.

So what are you folks doing? For those that are seeing good results, how long (how many applications) did it take until you started seeing results?

Thanks in advance.
Old October 15, 2012, 09:38 PM   #2
BillyBeards

I really like the stuff.
I've been using it on my Kimber Pro Carry II chambered in 9mm that I shoot a lot and it has been flawless. Cleaning the pistol is now much easier, quicker and minty fresh.
I'm curious as to how it will do in the cold weather this winter but I suspect that I won't have any issues.
Old October 15, 2012, 09:48 PM   #3
tkglazie

I must admit it is the ease of cleaning that made me take the plunge. I am fully confident that the products I was using of late, BreakFree CLP and the M-Pro 7 line will protect my guns more than adequately, but the idea of product that smells good, lasts for a long time and most importantly, saves me time at the cleaning bench was too much to resist.

I already love the fact that I am typing this seconds after a wipedown without even needing wash my hands. I shoot a ton of lead, daily, so cleaning is a serious time killer.