The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old March 1, 2013, 07:14 PM   #1
steve4102

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States

F-Magpul

While nearly 100 companies have pledged to hold all purchasers of firearms and accessories to the standard of what’s available to everyday civilians, in what’s commonly known as the New York boycott, Armalite and now Magpul have taken an opposing stand. (See also The Police Loophole.) The good folks at Magpul have instead sided with Armalite against freedom and law-abiding American firearm owners – and what’s more, they’ve one-upped Armalite in their sales practices . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...s/#more-205717
Old March 1, 2013, 07:49 PM   #2
BarryLee

According to MAGPUL they have suspended sales to LEOs in ban states.

http://www.magpul.com/ourgear.html
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old March 1, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3
steve4102

If that ain't the biggest joke of the Month .

ave suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Is he for real. They have already given their Oath to the Constitution and now he wants an Oath to Magpul?
Old March 1, 2013, 08:32 PM   #4
Japle

So let me get this straight, Steve. Magpul has suspended sales to LE customers in ban states and are trying to find a way to support individual LEOs and military and you’re complaining?

Tell you what; Why don’t you expend your wrath on Remington and Winchester and Glock and SIG and S&W and all the other big boys who haven’t addressed this issue at all?

Magpul’s leaving CO if they pass the ban. They’re not bluffing. What have you done other than complain?
Old March 1, 2013, 08:32 PM   #5
bigredfish

MagPul has put their money where their mouth is.

1- They threatened to move and are in the process of doing so
2- They are helping out Colorado citizens with a PMAG program
3- They are standing strong and clearly weighing how to deal with LE from Ban states.

I'd say they're on our side.
Old March 1, 2013, 08:35 PM   #6
SPEMack618

I'm not an economist, but I would be willing to venture that MagPul stands to loose a lot more in the short term by undertaking a move out of CO than they would by boycotting certain states.

I think it is important to remember that the free market is also a part of America.
Old March 1, 2013, 08:51 PM   #7
v65magnafan

New "OathTaker" Media Release From Magpul

http://www.magpul.com/magpul_leo_sales.html

REGARDING LEO SALES

March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick

President/CEO - Founder

Magpul Industries
“One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street... these maniacs can only be shut down by an armed citizenry. Indeed bad things can happen in nations where the citizenry is armed, but not as bad as those which seem to be threatening our disarmed citizenry in this country at this time.” Jeff Cooper
Old March 1, 2013, 09:30 PM   #8
sunaj

Give Magpul credit for stepping up to the plate, I applaud their effort,
what we need is like-minded effort to all ammo-gun makers and get consensus and action
Old March 1, 2013, 10:20 PM   #9
FrankenMauser

Sensationalized and propagandistic.

True, or not, that article is just a few words from being a sensational emotional rant.
Old March 1, 2013, 10:23 PM   #10
Tickling

steve4102, I really don't know what you have against Magpul. This is the second thread you've started on this subject, the first one was locked.

Is there any more point to this thread? The information provided by the OP has clearly been proven wrong and out of date.

Any chance we can get the title edited? This is one of the first things that pops up when I Google "Magpul." They don't deserve the bad press..
Old March 1, 2013, 11:02 PM   #11
Tom Servo
Staff

Closed as a drive-by.
Closed Thread