The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 4, 2011, 08:05 PM   #1
TexanGunner

Anyone else having trouble buying Bushnell holosights

After a lot of time and research, I decided I would pull the trigger and buy a Bushnell 510023 holosight. I found one for $200 on OpticsSale.com. I cannot afford a $500-$600 Eotech...heck that's half the price I paid for my Bushmaster AR-15! 99% of the reviews were great. Everything I read indicated that it is almost as good as the Eotech...same manufacturer, parts, etc, but just a bit less sturdy.

I ordered it 2 days ago and then got an email saying that they had been discontinued. Now, every site I check has them showing as discontinued. Does anyone know anything about this? With all the great buzz about the Bushnell, why would they be discontinued...maybe becasue they can put $10-20 worth of casing on it and sell it for more than $500 and screw their customers?

Also, does anyone know of a quality holosight for $200-$300?

Last edited by TexanGunner; June 4, 2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old June 4, 2011, 09:52 PM   #2
monstercat

Look on ebay. I sold one on there a year or so ago. Also look over on ar15.com. They have a For sale area. You can get an eotech there used but cheap. good luck
Old June 8, 2011, 09:57 PM   #3
TexanGunner

Thanks, Monstercat! But, I still do not know why Bushnell discontinued the items. They have also discontinued the XLP version that I really did not care for. I contacted Bushnell and will post the exact reply later. According to Bushnell, the holosights have been discontinued and there are no plans to reintroduce them to the market.