The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 23, 2012, 10:39 PM   #1
Altered Ego

Which Batteries For Tasco Pistol Scope?

I purchased a used BFR 45-70 that came with a Tasco 1.5x 20 illuminated pistol scope (cannot find the model number anywhere on the scope). No batteries were included with the scope, nor were there any instructions. I searched the internet for information regarding the scope, but I cannot seem to find anything about it. Does anyone happen to know what batteries this pistol scope takes??? I foresee an upgrade in the near future, but until then I am hoping to take advantage of the illuminated reticle built in to the Tasco scope. Thanks for any help.
Old April 24, 2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Yung.gunr

Some pics would probably work wonders to help us try to help.
Old April 25, 2012, 10:15 AM   #3
TMD

Never heard of a pistol scope being made by Tasco and even if they did I wouldn't put much faith in it on a BFR in .45-70
Old April 25, 2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Pahoo

Ghosts of the past !!

Quote:
Never heard of a pistol scope being made by Tasco
Yes but mostly older ones. Now, the ones I have seen, are not RedDots but illuminated pistol scopes and to refresh other's minds, some had a post with an illuminated diamond on top of the post. As far as batteries, they would/ may be in the button catagory. Sadly, I have one of their first ProPoint-I's whose batteries are obsolete. Can you measure the battery comparment to try and guess on the physical size. Most of the ones I have seen, are 3.5Vdc.

Good luck; Said Marco, from Tropouya .....

Be Safe !!!
Old April 25, 2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Te Anau

Most illuminated scopes nowadays use a CR-2032 battery,but yours could be an exception.