The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 9, 2012, 11:52 PM   #1
HAMMER1DOWN

Suppressor life?

Ok so just recently got into the suppressor game not long ago. And was wondering about how many rounds can a guy get out of a good can? 7.62 full house and moderate loads along with being sub-cal'd on a .223 AR.

And as a side-note question, What is a good way of cleaning out a can that can't be taken apart?
Old February 10, 2012, 10:47 AM   #2
chewie146

Disclaimer* I don't own a can, but I have many friends who do. I'm not sure about round life, as that really depends on the can. However, my friends have some cans that don't disassemble. They use a PVC pipe with a glued cap on the bottom and a threaded cap on the top. They fill it with Kroil and soak the suppressor in there. You can shake it some, etc. It seems to work pretty well. Make sure that thing is sealed well, though. Kroil is a penetrating oil and will leak out of any small space it can. You may try an aluminum tube, etc, if you want.
Old February 10, 2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Deja vu

a good suppressor should last a life time. Make sure your company is reputable encase there is a problem that they can repair it. It may cost you an extra tax stamp but should not cost any thing from the factory.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...