The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 19, 2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Tmblweed

BSA Optics

I saw what appeared to be a nice High Intensity flashlight / Laser Light combo at Dicks sporting goods. Made by BSA the base holding the optics has a 1" ring or you can attach it to a rail and it looks like you can take one of the lights off if you want. Made from tough aluminum and only $69.00. Any one used BSA stuff? The price is good so I was thinking of trying it out.It looks like the one in the link below but the base is bigger with the ring you see plus a rail mount on either side.

http://www.bsaoptics.com/product.asp...&productID=309
Old December 19, 2009, 01:49 PM   #2
croc4

shop around more

thats what I would do, the flashlight is only 19 lumens, that is not very bright, and by the look of it, you could not replace it with a better one since it is not round like most.

I have BSA scopes, I know that is not the same, but overall BSA seems to be an ok lower end brand based on the ones I have. So assuming the same quality carries over...

Croc4
Old December 19, 2009, 02:58 PM   #3
LukeA

If the flashlight is 1" across the flats then a round one with dia. 1" will also fit.

You can't adjust the aim of the laser except by shimming.
Old December 19, 2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Tmblweed

I went ahead and bought the one in the link below to experiment with. Red, green and blue dots in the scope, the light and laser have remote switches
attached. I was able to zero the scope dot on the orange fiber optic front site on my Moss 930 SPX. When you move into the dark and turn the flashlight on you can see the front site pretty well and the red dot illumintes it just fine. If I put the remote switch on the fore end my thumb hits it just right. The laser will hafta come off or go up front cause the wire can get caught in the charging handle if pulled to the front and I can't operate the switch with it on the stock. Anyway, I have 90 days to take it back if needed. I want to try just mounting a TLR-1 light on the mag extension with remote switch also. The iron sights may work just fine in the dark when the flashlight hits the front site. Never messed with this tactical stuff before so it will take some time.
OK, seems the link will only take you to the site and not the proper page. Its shown under "Illuminated Sights", then choose Tactical, model STSRGBD30LL... Happy holidays all!!

http://www.bsaoptics.com/scope.aspx?productID=303

Last edited by Tmblweed; December 20, 2009 at 01:44 PM.