The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 2, 2009, 07:58 PM   #1
precision_shooter

Taurus PT24/7 Pro .45ACP

I know, I know...

It's a Taurus. Some like them some don't. Not looking for opinions on Taurus overall. Just looking for opinions on the model in the subject. Anyone who has or had one.
How do they shoot (accuracy)?
How is recoil being it is a polymer frame pistol?
Anybody had any reliability issues with theirs?

For $379 new, I figured it's worth looking into....

If not that good then I'll keep saving my pennies for the Glock 21SF
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old October 2, 2009, 10:05 PM   #2
railroader

I had one. It was reliable and accurate. I had a couple of things that turned me off to it. The first and biggest issue for me was it shot a little low and I like my guns to shoot to point of aim. Taurus didn't make different height rear sights like other manufacturers do so I would have to live with it that way. The other thing was even though the trigger was pretty smooth I could feel the firing pin safety being pushed up by the trigger linkage. I probably would have kept it if it shot to point of aim because other than that it ran fine. I actually got a very good deal on it here in caliifornia. I bought it new for $300 plus tax and transfer. For what its worth I also had a glock 17 and I like the grip better on the taurus, the taurus pointed better and I could shoot better groups with the taurus. Mark

Last edited by railroader; October 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old October 2, 2009, 11:28 PM   #3
BigPoppa

I have one and I love mine, it has heine sights and shoots to point of aim with 230grain rounds. I put an insight M6 tactical light/laser combo that works great. I have run about 300rds thru it without any FTE or FTF. I wouldn't sell it for $100 more than what I paid for it.
Old October 3, 2009, 03:42 PM   #4
putteral

Love mine. Feeds all my cast reloads from SWC, RNFP and HP's Flawlessly. I have had mine for over 2 years. Over 3k rounds. Fits comfortably in my hand and I can put a full mag in a 2/12" circle at 10 yards consistantly. I think it is one of the best values out there. Only paid $329 for mine then. Stainless version.
Old October 3, 2009, 04:58 PM   #5
jakeg823

i've shot a few hundred rounds through my cousin's in .40, and it is a joy to shoot...and pretty accurate considering the 3 & 1/4" barrel. i already told him that if he ever decides to get rid of it i want first shot at it if i have the extra cash
Old October 3, 2009, 07:46 PM   #6
keebo52

Love mine. It's accurate, reliable and comfortable to shoot. It fits my hands better than a 1911.
Old October 5, 2009, 10:24 AM   #7
peejman

My PT145 has also been 100% reliable and is more accurate than I am. It was a little picky with some very old and slightly corroded Lake City ammo, but anything else has been fine. It also shot about 2" low when new, but after a few hundred rounds it shoots POA. Recoil is manageable. It comes nearly straight back with only a little muzzle rise.