The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 7, 2010, 06:45 PM   #1
SoCal Shooter

Chance for CCW in San Diego with election of a new Sheriff

Issuing of CCW permits in CA is done by the local county sheriff. The current sheriff, Bill Gore, will not issue permits for any reason. However, the opposing candidates are PRO-CCW. Jay La Suer more so than Jim Duffy. I like La Suer better than Duffy, he is on record as being pro-ccw. Duffy is pro-ccw too but isn't as outspoken in his support as La Suer. Gore is leading in the polls with about 25%, Duffy and La Suer are tied with about 15% each. Anyone garnering 50% of the vote wins outright. Otherwise, a runoff will be held later on with the two top candidates. To everyone in San Diego County voting in the primary tomorrow don't vote for Gore!

http://sheriffjay.org/blog/archives/13

http://www.duffyforsheriff.com/issue...amendment_ccw/

Mods feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place. I just wanted this to get as much exposure as possible.
Old June 7, 2010, 11:59 PM   #2
mothermopar

I'm a LEO and don't need a ccw, but voted for la seur because of his pro ccw stance... Non-law enforcement folks have the right to protect themselves too!!!

I HEARD that if he wins he'd issue ccw's but you'd have to demonstrate 'proficiency' and safety with the weapon(s)... Which I think is a good idea and could save us all from some fool who does something idiotic.