The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 4, 2013, 07:29 PM   #1
Shue76

Walther PPX

I read a lot of bashing on the PPX when I was reading this forum. I purchased one regardless I have to say I really like it. It's in the right right price range for an entry level pistol and its right on at the range. Strait out of the box first time I shot it had no problem keeping it in a 4-5 inch pattern at fifty yards I'm just an avid hunter /gun owner, no professional so I was quit happy with that. Functioned flawlessly and the trigger is super smooth and the grip fits the hand very nice, heck my 7&9 yr old were hitting with in an inch of the bull at 25yds. I don't mind the look of it either I was kind of looking for something with a little edge to it. maybe I'm part of that American market everyone was talking about but I'm fine with that. A satisfied Walther customer!
Old March 4, 2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Fishbed77

There's little doubt the PPX is going to prove itself to be a well-made and reliable pistol, just like all the other Ulm-manufactured Walthers. I'm guessing a lot of the hate was coming from folks who failed to understand its market position as an entry-level pistol akin to the S&W Sigma/SD, Ruger P95, or Sig P250.
Old March 5, 2013, 01:18 AM   #3
ClydeFrog

PPX...

The new Walther PPX line is ugly as sin but it's well engineered & geared toward the growing US market for entry level, ambi control, defense-duty pistols.
I normally wait at least a year or so for new semi auto pistols to get a + reputation or not have any major design flaws/factory recalls, but the new PPX is a good value.

CF
Old March 5, 2013, 06:09 AM   #4
Shue76

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion thats for sure. Though what may not be appealing to you maybe to someone els. I'm glad your willing to give PPX a fair shake, Time will tell !