The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 10, 2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Evad

Replacement tube for 12ga Win 1300?

Hey guys. I have searched and searched and SEARCHED for a replacement magazine tube with a higher capacity for my Winchester 1300. It has a 26" barrel, and I'd like to put the highest capacity tube possible on it, just because I have a thing for upgrading gun parts. Keep in mind, I dont want an extension, I want a replacement. the extensions arent very nice looking. I also dont use this gun for any kind of hunting, so I wont be under any capacity restrictions when using it. Anybody know where to find one?
Old January 10, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2
dwaawd

A while back I got tired of looking for an 8 shot tube and had to buy a parts gun to get it. GunBroker might be a source or I have seen parts listed that include the tube at Ebay. Your probably going to need the mag throat(s) as well, which might also be a challenge to find quickly. Ebay had some sets this past month.
Old January 10, 2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Evad

at the risk of sounding like I don't know what I'm doing, why wouldnt the existing throat work with the new tube?

Last edited by Evad; January 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old January 10, 2013, 10:59 PM   #4
dwaawd

Check them for cracks and reuse if your satisfied with the condition. If I had an older s/g with many rounds down the pipe I would replace since the s/g is apart.

add: Midwest has the one piece throat in stock if you need it. It's either a one piece or a two piece. They are out of the two piece.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/U1238223

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/U123822

Last edited by dwaawd; January 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM.