The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 27, 2007, 10:27 AM   #1
Redneckrepairs

My p7 deal with WildAlaska

Ok as promised some pics and details . Dont mind the dirty shop floor lol . Here is the stapler as it came to me complete with serial'd box ,tools spare mag, and a " nifty" hk bike lock .

Here you see from that factory sticker that this is indeed a " grade A " gun.

Here you can more or less see the plumb slide and holster wear

another shot of the plumb colored slide , and as you can see there is no date or date code on this pistol .

This pic shows it in a cheap don hume iwb for Kahr p series pistols , It also fits fine in 1911 holsters .

Due to my crappy camera skills i have not yet got a pic of it , but there is a " hicky" on the front of the slide , and muzzle also like the gun has been dropped on concrete at some point .

I picked this pistol up from Wildalaska , and when i called him with my issues he demanded i return it for one he would personally hand pick for me and offered to pay all shipping , ffl fees , ect. Now to my way of thinking the only screwup he had control over is sending me a retrofit mag release rather than the factory flat that i requested . I refused his generous offer and instead we agreed he will send me some extra mags for free . Overall i am happy with the deal and will be eventually sending it out for a hard chrome job anyway since the hk finish is prone to excessive wear . My p7 is by no means in bad shape , but clearly a used gun that shows wear . I keep hearing about the LNIB 7s everyone is seeing , but my luck of the draw was different lol . I dont know how HK grades them , possibly by a monkey throwing darts ?

Ken has shown me he is willing to go the extra mile to make a customer happy on a deal, and I will do business with him again.
Old June 27, 2007, 10:30 AM   #2
Uncle Salty

You can use this free application to resize your your pictures so they fit in the post without having to scroll to the side to see it.
Old June 27, 2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Redneckrepairs

Thanks , I already am well set to resize pics , I intentionally left these at full rez for folks.
Old July 2, 2007, 02:00 PM   #4
Redneckrepairs

Today i recieved my extra mags from ken as promised . Again i wish to point out that ken went to expense and trouble to fix what was an HK grading issue where the grade a i got was not what i expected . He cheerfully would have taken the pistol back , paid all shipping and ffl charges , sent me a new one hand picked to meet with my expectations . I chose to take extra mags instead . He left the hk sticker on the box and i posted a pic of it to show it aint about WildAlaska mis stating anything , its about hk and how they grade . It cost him to make me happy and he paid it with no quibble , a huge attaboy for WildAlaska and i feel anyone can order from him on anything . He will go the extra mile to have someone happy with the deal ( on the rare occation that one might get less than expected ) .

Great deal Ken and thanks for allowing us to be part of the p7s that came in .