The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 5, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1
txdragon

Wild chorizo!

Yup, I've gone and done it again! More sausage as I trim down my major cuts from the wild hog. Made a batch of chorizo this time around. Very good, subtle flavor. Not as spicy as regular, and nowhere near as fatty. You can make patties, or mix it up with eggs, potatoes; whatever you wish!

Old August 5, 2013, 12:14 PM   #2

Seriously....................you are torturing people. Does this give you as much enjoyment as that delicious hog??????

Looks good. Glad to see someone getting the most out of what they harvested.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.
Old August 5, 2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Pahoo

Keep em coming !!!

You are a man after my own heart and getting to a point where you could actually write a cook book. ...

Be Safe !!!
Old August 5, 2013, 01:08 PM   #4
txdragon

.284: Sorry for the torture. I have never been one for unconventional warfare, at least, not intentionally! I have yet to separate the shoulder into boston and picnic. Can't seem to locate my darn saw

Pahoo: I could probably write a book if I wrote down any of my recipes lol. I don't believe 100% in a static recipe because our taste buds do change from time to time. It's just simple physiology. I cook according to tastes at the time and after 20 years, it still seems to work like a charm!