The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 17, 2014, 06:43 PM   #1
alan

a small but interesting non-fiction book on guns and gun controls

Came across an interesting book at a Barnes and Noble store a couple of days ago.Title of the book is The Future of The Gun by Frank Minter. Available at amazon.com also, or check your local public library. People here might find it interesting, worth reading.

Alan
Old August 18, 2014, 01:56 AM   #2
Theohazard

Can you tell us a little more on what the book is about?
Old August 18, 2014, 10:54 AM   #3
Frank Ettin
Staff

The author's name is spelled Miniter, and here's a link to the description on Amazon:
Quote:
...Bestselling author Frank Miniter details the amazing breakthroughs waiting to happen in gun technology that could make today's firearms exponentially safer and smarter—if the anti-gun lobby weren't halting progress in its tracks.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Old August 19, 2014, 06:25 PM   #4
alan

Theohazard:

Please see Frank Ettin's reply. He did a better job that I would have, I submit, but thanks for asking.

Alan
Old August 20, 2014, 02:47 PM   #5
Glenn E. Meyer

Please read the book folks, before going off on it -pro or con. I saw it in the store also.
Old August 21, 2014, 12:58 PM   #6
JWT

Future of the Gun

Downloaded the Kindle version yesterday..I'm about a quarter of the way through it. Easy read, well written, very informative. Deals not only with tecnology but also gun history and gun laws...shooters vs anti's.
Old August 21, 2014, 01:52 PM   #7
Glenn E. Meyer

Folks - as I said, discuss the book and not vague generalities about the issue from a blurb. I'll delete (and have) those. Not informative.
Old August 21, 2014, 09:53 PM   #8
alan

Gentlemen:

The Minter book I mentioned earlier, among other things contains an interesting section on the development and history of the AR-15/M-16, along with comment on the people and firms that were involved, Colt included.

Also readers will find therein comment and analysis on and about the operations of the Gun Control movement, and their double-talk, or how they "play on words", if you prefer.