The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 21, 2009, 06:12 PM   #1
Greg Dickson

Kytac Holster - is it worth the wait?

This is my first post on this forum, and it is a direct enquiry to David Elderton.

I have previously purchased a holster from David at Kytac for a Glock 17, and thoroughly enjoy it - still do.

I shoot a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow in IPSC Production as well, and so early this year I ordered a holster from David, which he confirmed he could deliver plus 4 magazine holders.

I admit I had difficulty getting delivery last time but after exchange of emails it arrived eventually. This time like last time being on the other side of the world, I sent David the cash (USD200) to cover holster/mags and postage....

My problem is: I cannot get David to even reply to my emails or numerous phone calls and left messages. Normally I would understand a delay, but I have become so frustrated by his lack of response and approach.

David,

If you read this can you have the courtesy to reply with what you intend to do to fill the order and advise when you will deliver and or refund the money to the address I have provided.
Old June 21, 2009, 06:23 PM   #2
comn-cents

there are many threads on this do a search.
Old June 21, 2009, 11:50 PM   #3
Greg Dickson

Really...so its a common problem. Well thats a shame to hear...
Old June 22, 2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Apparently it's only a problem if you care WHEN you get you holster. Like, if you need it in 2 months or 3 weeks or whatever. The consensus seems to be that you'll get a damn fine product.... eventually. So, if you don't care if it's 3 weeks or 3 years, order up.
Old June 29, 2009, 03:14 AM   #5
Greg Dickson

Well I do care when I get it because I needed the product to attend a international match - now since past.

I know they are good and what's more if I had the holster I know others would order one too once they got to see mine!

I need to get going as it is affecting my training for the Nationals which is my major frustration now...
Old July 29, 2009, 01:44 AM   #6
Greg Dickson

The wait is nearly over.

This is to let anyone interested know.

David Elderton has got back to me, and after a quick flurry of emails, the holsters should be in the mail. He expressed his disappointment at how things had worked out, and was now onto it, and would mail the finished holsters out this past Monday.

So I look forward to letting people know the quality of the finished article.
Old October 17, 2009, 11:05 PM   #7
Greg Dickson

All is well that ends well

I am adding to the previous posts in fairness to David. The holster and magazine holders have been received, albeit after quite some wait. IMHO in the end it was worth the wait although very frustrating... I am now enjoying one for the best holsters for IPSC Production division. Thanks.
Old November 8, 2009, 02:51 PM   #8
Speed Racer

Glad to hear that you've gotten a holster from Kytac.

I've had my order in since March '09, and I still have nothing. Several emails, a couple of phone calls, and I'm out $100+ ... with absolutely no follow up by this "business".

Terrible, terrible, terrible customer service from this outfit.

I would strongly recommend that you go anywhere else than Kytac for a holster or gear.

Thanks,
S.R.