The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 29, 2013, 10:09 PM   #1
BerdanSS

Sight help: Globe or keep the Marble?

Have a Mable contour with brass bead on my little target .22. Problem is the bead is so big, it completely covers the center of a slow fire target at just 50 yards and the whole thing at 100. My eyes don't do well with that

Was thinking about going to a Globe, maybe with the fine cross-hairs. The rear sight is a micro click adjustable target peep.

Whatta think? I've never use a globe so I'm in uncharted waters here. The rifle is more that capable of sub moa, but with that front sight, I'm having trouble doing my part.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:01 PM   #2
Jim Watson

For best iron sight accuracy, put on a globe front sight with interchangeable inserts. The Lyman 17 of the correct height will do, especially if you get a set of graduated inserts like the ones shown at:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/Detail.as...74253&CAT=4083

Select the front aperture that will show a good band of white around the bullseye of your usual target. Best accuracy will come with more white showing than you might think at first.

The crosshair inserts are kind of a gimmick, I know only a few users.
Old May 30, 2013, 07:32 PM   #3
BerdanSS

Thank you sir

Now to make sure of the dovetail size. I guess I should measure the existing marble front sight and order the globe that is closest to the same, since with the marble at 50 yards zero the rear sight was at dang near mechanical zero for elevation.