The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 17, 1999, 11:20 AM   #1
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

TO ALL:
First off; Let me thank CHUCKO. He has designed and illustrated our new web site. It has taken a lot of graphic work and he was able to accomplish the almost impossible. (He had to work with what I sent him) THANKS CHUCKO

Now on with it. We have been working throughout the night to present this web site, and it still is not quite finished, it has had approx 75 guns added. It will however, enhance TFL and we are continueing to upgrade, daily with new firearms.

Many times I receive questions like:
I have an Iver Johnson Sngle BBl shotgun. Can you tell me about it? With the new web page we can send him there, he can locate the shotgun and more readily identify it. He can then contact us again, tell us what it is he has and we can give more accurate information.

Additionally, the site will provide the assem/disassem of the firearms listed. All of this will save time during research and assist the TFL'ers.

You can find this site @

http://gunresearch.ixworld.com

INSTRUCTIONS:

CLICK ON THE TYPE OF FIREARM, RIFLE, PISTOL, SHOTGUN OR OTHER. THE WEAPONS ARE LISTED ALPHABETICALLY BY MFG,r, (R)REMINGTON (W) WINCHESTER ETC. CLICK ON THE LETTER, IT HAS A NUMBER NEXT TO IT, IF NO NUMBER NO GUN, THEN CLICK ON THE MODEL OR SEARCH FOR THE ONE YOU WANT.

IF YOU DON'T SEE IT COME BACK TO US WITH A VERBAL DESCRIPTON.

Thanks for your patience

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited July 17, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited July 17, 1999).]
Old July 17, 1999, 05:12 PM   #2
Grayfox

Folks, I've seen Harley's web site. Once he gets it finished, it's gonna be one of, if not the best information sources gun owners ever had. Everything ya ever wanted to know about your guns and all in one easy to use resource. It's great!

Bubba, ya done good!
Old July 17, 1999, 05:48 PM   #3
Mal H
Staff

Harley - Excellent web site! I'll bet you get a lot of hits and questions once the word gets out.

I've got to ask though, do you have an alias for your email address? (Harley Holden )
Old July 17, 1999, 06:33 PM   #4
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

MAL
Just out of curiosity, why do you ask?

HJN
Old July 17, 1999, 10:52 PM   #5
Daniel Watters

Not to be a wet blanket, but you should really give some sort of credit to DBI/Krause and J.B. Woods. Scanning pages directly from their books for your web site is likely a violation of their copyright.
Old July 17, 1999, 11:32 PM   #6
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Daniel:
This has not been an oversite and upon completion there will be a credit page. thank you so much for your respons.

HJN
Old July 17, 1999, 11:42 PM   #7
Mal H
Staff

Harley - Look at the bottom of your homepage. " .... Email Harley Holden"
Old July 18, 1999, 03:26 PM   #8
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

TO ALL:
I have raved about the new web page and the information that's in it and who was wroking on it. I failed the thank the most important people that have provided a great deal.

That is: THE B. P. S. INFO SOLUTIONS. They were most gracious in donating the space for the page. Thanks for your support B.P.S and most importantly the space.

THANKS

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited July 18, 1999).]
Old July 22, 1999, 11:16 PM   #9
Long Path

Very nice. I look forward to seeing it in it eventual "completion." (May it never be so... this would mean there would be no new firearms.)