The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 27, 2012, 02:47 PM   #1
AlexIsok12

Star firestar M43

Major help needed.
My friend wanted to completely clean his star firestar down to a complete disassemble. Not finding much help on the online he decided it didn't look to complicated he started to disassemble the lower receiver. Pushing a pin out 3 small parts fell out. After that happened we realized it was beyond complicated.

They seem to be part of the hammer system. We cannot find any instruction on how to put the parts back together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty much stupid rookie mistake. Hopefully not permanent?
Every diagram I've found online serve no help.
Old October 27, 2012, 05:10 PM   #2
lee n. field

Try here: http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...h-Pistol-Board

Looks like a sear. Beyond that, well, I've never been tempted to disassemble mine.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old October 27, 2012, 08:25 PM   #3
lee n. field

I assume you've found the manual at http://www.star-firearms.com/firearm...ls/index.shtml, right?

That's the sear, sear axis, sear spring and "sear pusher".

The picture on page 6 should give you some idea of how they go together.

Quote:
wanted to completely clean his star firestar down to a complete disassemble.
There's a warning on that page that it would be prudent to heed.

Quote:
The safety lever is only prevented from over-rotating by the grip panels. If they are removed for cleaning or maintenance, the safety can be rotated too far, and the the detent plunger will fly out. This is a very, very, small part and will almost certainly become lost. The safety lever is very important to the safe operation of the gun, so use caution not to lose the detent pin. If you do loose this part, a very tiny ball bearing can replace it perfectly well, but good luck getting ahold of one.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old October 27, 2012, 09:05 PM   #4
AlexIsok12

When I put the pieces back inside the gun I took me almost an hour just to get them in. Realized they were in wrong. Something is not in right. The hammer will not stay down....
Old October 28, 2012, 03:27 PM   #5
lee n. field

Hammer not catching makes me think the sear spring needs to be installed some other way than you have it.
Old October 28, 2012, 03:38 PM   #6
Coltman 77

If Star's still in business, why not give their customer service a call? Good luck.

Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join the NRA
Old October 28, 2012, 04:25 PM   #7
lee n. field

Star has been defunct for at least a decade.