The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 13, 2007, 08:33 AM   #1
hayseed51

Nosler brass?

I did a quick search on Nosler brass and came up empty. I am curious what those of you who have tried it think.

I recently bought a box in 204 Ruger, which will be my next project. Upon casual inspection, they seem to be very close for length, and quite square. Primer pockets have very little, if any cup to them. Unhappily, my flash hole deburrer is a little to large to fit in the .20, so I couldn't really check that out, but they appear to be less nasty in that area than Win...

I'll need to start stockpiling up some brass and wondered what you guys had to say - if you've been able to justify the extra cost. Maybe it just boils down to what a guy's time is worth.

What say you?
Old October 13, 2007, 12:19 PM   #2
JD 500

Not sure if it's worth the $

Nosler brass in .223 rem.
Definately weight sorted. Less vartiation than Win brass.
Have not noticed any accuracy gain.
Did notice that case must have a slightly smaller volume than win brass as my "pet" load that functions flawlessly with win brass, popped 2-3 primers when used w/ nosler brass.

good luck
Old October 14, 2007, 07:25 AM   #3
hayseed51

Ok JD, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. Was your pet load up close to max?