The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 9, 2006, 12:17 AM   #1
papajohn

Iver Johnson disassembly

I have an Iver Johnson Champion 20 ga shotgun that is in great condition but has a few dings. I want to refinish it for my grandson's first shotgun. Do you happen to have disassembly / reassembly procedures for this gun? If not, could you tell me how the fore arm comes off? Thanks for the help,

John Wilson

P.S. Do you know how these Champions are chambered? I can't find it marked on the gun anywhere but it looks like it will handle 2 3/4 " shells.
Old July 17, 2006, 05:29 AM   #2
Wasper

John,
I don't know if this will help but here is a link to an old exploded view of the IJ Champion:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productsch...=0770zCHAMPION

These old single barrel type shotguns (IJ, H&R, Savage etc) are pretty simple. If the forend doesn't have a screw or button/latch holding it on, then it may just snap off by pulling down on the forward tip of the forend.

Hope it helps.

Mark