The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old June 20, 2014, 03:42 AM   #1
Blacktimberwolf

Grips for a Ruger Police Service Six

Hi,
I am looking for a long time for new rubber grips for my Ruger police service six .38spc.
It should be bantam style grips, so small as possible, the serial number is 162..... .
Does someone know where I can get it?
Old June 20, 2014, 03:50 AM   #2
JimmyR

While some people don't like it, I use eBay as a place to start looking for grips, especially for guns that are out of production.

Tyler T Grips also makes a grip addapter for the wooden magna grips that fills the hand. They are up and running well, with many folks getting their orders within 3-4 weeks of ordering via mail.
Old June 22, 2014, 08:53 PM   #3
wnycollector

I have these grips on my wife's snubbie Security Six. These grips are pretty slim because she has small hands and has no problems shooting the revolver.
Old June 24, 2014, 04:45 PM   #4
old fart

i have a ruger police service six made in 1985. i got my grips from ebay and numrich. be careful with grips from numrich, i got 2 pair of the mustang finger groove rubber grips for $20 shipped but they didn't have screws. i got 1 set of pachmayer on ebay with screw for $14 shipped. ebay also sells the hogue grips for around $20 each.
Old June 25, 2014, 11:18 PM   #5
bamaranger

watch out

Ruger did some changes in the Sec 6 and early ones have a distinct grip size different from other production runs. I had one, with "service style" butt, and nothing was out there to fit it....period.

Good gun, all the same!
Old June 30, 2014, 10:36 PM   #6
EdInk

Look for some Uncle Mike's grips (possibly repackaged as Butler Creek). Best bet is to find "new old stock" from Numrich. IMHO they are the best grips ever for most service and large revolvers that have full grip frames.
Old July 1, 2014, 02:56 PM   #7
tekarra

I have used Pachmyr compact grips. Don't know how they compare to Bantams though.
Old July 6, 2014, 05:01 PM   #8
dogngun

Ruger made factory rubber grips for the Six series that were better than anyone else's and usually for sale pretty cheap, They have the Ruger medallion, are pretty fat and very grippy, and have a cut out on the bottom so you can read the SN on the grip frame...I don't know if Ruger still sells them - you can find them on eBay generally. Found these...expensive, but the real deal...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Ruge...item4ad770a3a6

They are great grips.